Chapter 1012

Ladies and Gentleman we rank 5th in Fantacy😘😘

Zirui Has Returned

Feng Yuheng did not understand what it meant that it might be dangerous for the sixth prince, and Xuan Tianming explained it to her: “If I have not guessed incorrectly, sixth brother came back for the rights to the 30 thousand troops. He should not be willing to give them up so easily, but Father Emperor has already made the decree. He can either oppose the decree or… I fear that old eighth will take action against him.”

“Oppose the decree? How would that work?” Feng Yuheng’s understanding of this era was not very good, and she could not think of how the sixth prince would oppose the Emperor.

Xuan Tianming told her: “The best method would be to disappear and go into hiding. Since he has come back to the capital at this time, that means that he does not want to startle anyone. He can’t be found in Ji An Prefecture or the capital, thus the tiger tally would remain in his hands. In the end, those 30 thousand troops belong to him. As for the tiger tally that he holds, regardless of when, as long as he calls out, those 30 thousand troops will immediately answer. Say, keeping this sort of person hidden, how could old eighth not try to dig him out? Based on sixth brother’s personality, he probably won’t be able to escape from old eighth.”

“Then what can be done?” Feng Yuheng was a bit worried. Xuan Tianming’s analysis was correct. The sixth prince could not possibly hand over the tiger tally so easily. In this sort of situation, if he did give it up, that would be aiding a tyrant, and the sixth prince was someone who had a very strong moral compass. He could not possibly watch the court descend into chaos like this. “Will sixth brother work with us?” She asked, “Previously, he gave the 30 thousand troops to seventh brother. Thinking about it, he should be on our side, right?”

Xuan Tianming nodded, “Indeed, he is closer with our side. That’s why, since he has returned to the capital, he should come and look for us soon. At that time, we can discuss things properly. Either way, no matter what happens, we can’t let old eighth get it.”

The two spoke for a little while, and Xuan Tianming said on the topic of Imperial Concubine Li performing the funeral: “Sixth brother has come back. Just leave it to him to handle. That Imperial Concubine Li is not normal here.” While saying this, he pointed at his head, “If anyone really argues with her over this, they’re the real idiots. As for whether or not it’s real, I am of the same mind as sixth brother. Imperial Concubine Li should not have any ability to perform those sorts of rituals. She’s just doing things based off of rumors that she has heard.”

With Xuan Tianming having said this, what more could Feng Yuheng say? The two chatted for a little while longer, and the sun was already starting to come up. Xuan Tianming needed to go and attend court once more. Right before leaving, he handed over his tiger tally to Feng Yuheng to be placed inside her space. To him, only his wife’s space was safest.

After Xuan Tianming left, Feng Yuheng began to catch up on sleep. She slept until noon when Huang Quan cheerfully entered the room to wake her up. It was only after she had managed to drag her out of bed that she loudly said: “Young miss! Young master Zirui has returned! Wang Chuan brought the news back. They will be entering the city gates in one hour. Young miss, quickly wake up. Let’s go and pick up the young master!”

Upon hearing that Zirui had returned, Feng Yuheng immediately became spirited, as she quickly got out of bed to wash up. Without even having a chance to eat, she hastily followed Huang Quan out. It was only after their carriage arrived at the city gate that they found there was still some time before the “one hour” that Huang Quan had mentioned.