Chapter 1035

From rank 4 in fantasy were down to rank 9. Please do me a huge favor and make me smile by clicking that starat the bottom of your screen 😊
-ladywithoutmercy💋

Past Glory, Current Predicament

Zhang Yuan knew, staying at the Emperor’s side all these years, he had helped the Emperor stop many concubines who actively sought to close the distance. Most of those concubines who wanted to use one bowl of nourishing tonic to become closer to the Emperor were sent away by him, even Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu had been stopped by him countless times. Now he had fallen into this state, there should be many people who want to torture him, right? Counting them…… forget it, he could not count them at all. If he had time for such thoughts, then he should spend it washing more clothes. The Old Emperor was suffering now, then he would suffer with him, if he was unable to continue to share the joys with him, then he could share his suffering.

Zhang Yuan strongly believed that the Emperor was suffering. This was despite him frequently hearing someone comment how loving the Emperor and Imperial Concubine Yuan Shu were, how much he loved the Eighth Prince, and even when they talked about how the Emperor would praise the Eighth Prince countless times during morning court. The more he heard about the harmonious family, Zhang Yuan was more convinced that the Emperor was not willing to do it. If he was not acting, then the Old Emperor’s mind had malfunctioned. The Old Emperor was too pitiful, and he could not stay by his side. His heart ached when he thought about it.

He wiped his tears again and continued to wash the clothes. And the three who surrounded him were still watching gleefully, one of them continued to take the clothes Zhang Yuan washed and threw them to the ground, even stomping on them twice. Zhang Yuan saw and did not say anything, silently taking them back. Only when that person continued to step on the clothes without stopping did he open his mouth to speak: “These clothes belong to the masters in the imperial harem, it is no small matter if they were damaged from being stepped on. You can give me a hard time, but don’t vent it on these clothes.”

“Oh! You even lecture us?” The guilty servant who stepped on the clothes shouted, pointed at Zhang Yuan, saying: “You still think that you’re the favoured person by the Emperor’s side? You still think that everyone will have to respectfully address you as Head Eunuch Yuan regardless of who they are? Why don’t you take a look at your current state, you’re already in the Department of Guilty Servants, who else can you lecture?”

“Alright! You don’t allow us to step on the clothes, is it? Then we’ll step on you! Come, brothers, the Head Chief Eunuch who we could only look up to is now in front of us and under our control, it’ll be a waste if we do not step on him!”

The sentence ‘it’ll be waste if we do not step on him’, thoroughly raised the mood of the trio, so they raised their feet one after another, making contact with Zhang Yuan’s body with great force. Someone even shouted and ran into the houses in the yard, saying: “Hurry and come out! Those who wish to take revenge and those who want to complain, do it now. It is not easy for this Head Chief Eunuch to fall into our hands, do not miss this chance!”

With this shout, large numbers of guilty servants flooded out of the houses. These castrated people originally had defective bodies and demented minds. In addition, they were already unsatisfied when they were with their masters, else they would not have been banished here just by committing a small mistake. Over time, the degree of their dementedness grew stronger, to the point that once they heard that there was such a good thing, they rushed out of the houses like mad people, and without caring about anything, they followed the three people and made their greetings. With punches and kicks, Zhang Yuan was beaten to the point that he would only curl up in the snow, trying his best to protect his head and face.