Chapter Three

I woke up in the RV with Shane and Carl next to me. They were talking about catching frogs, I blinked my eyes open and almost instantly Shane took notice.

"Y/n!" Shane smiled at me and grabbed my hand. Carl moved from his position to face me. "What the hell happened?" He squeezed my hand tightly. I moved my hand away from him and pulled myself up to a sitting position. I stretched and yawned a bit.

"I ran head first into a walker." I leaned over and pat Carl on the knee. He smiled and grabbed my hand patting the top of it. "I'm fine though. Just fell over and then someone picked me up and brought me here." I patted the bed a bit and smiled up at Shane. He ran a hand through his hair and down his face. A small chuckled coming from him.

"What if no one had been there?" I heard Carl's small voice out weight the silence. Shane and I made eye contact and then looked at Carl. He was looking down playing with the end of his shirt.

"Then I'd be dead." I put it blankly. The air got cold and dark, we all sat silent for a minute. "Next time, I'll bring someone with me okay?" I smiled bright and placed my hand on Carl's head. He looked up with a sad smile. "Go find me some food okay?" Carl smiled and ran out of the RV without another word.

"I hate to say it but, the kid is right." Shane moved his whole body to face me, looking up into my eyes with fear lining the brims. "What you did today was stupid." He opened his mouth the say something else but stopped when tears began to fill his eyes.

"I won't do it again." I placed a hand on his cheek and smiled. His eyes quickly dried up and fixed on me. "Promise." I held out my pinky and smiled bright.

"You are such a little kid." Shane chuckled and interlocked his pinky with mine, pulling himself close and kissing me on the head.

"Shane!" I yelled as I saw him carrying more boxes than he should be. Quickly I ran over to him and grabbed one of the ones on the top. "Why are you carrying so many?" I smiled and placed a hand on my hip.

"Just helping out." He stretched and ran a hand down his face smirking. I rolled my eyes and shoulder checked him as I was began to leave the room. I was snatched off my feet by the waist and held over Shane's shoulder. He laughed under me and began walking into my apartment. "See I'm helping."

"C'mon I gotta go grab box-" As Shane tossed me onto my bed I noticed his attire. One hot, sweaty, gray sweatpants, and way too tight of a shirt wearing Shane was standing in front of me huffing and puffing from physical exhaustion. I didn't realize the position we were in until I'd finished looking at his body. One hand on my waist, one hand above my head pressing into the bed. My arm wrapped around his neck in his hair and the other pressed against his chest. We looked at each other deeply in a trance.

"I should-" he slurred with a whisper.

"No I should..." I began to pull my hands off him. Slowly but, it was happening. He pulled himself up slowly, savoring every part of me he was touching.

We heard sirens from what everyone believed to be a broken into car come from around, setting everyone into panic mode.

"Talk to me Dale!" Shane yelled up to Dale as he walked out of the RV with a run.

"I can't tell yet." Dale was desperately gazing out of binoculars looking for the source of the noise. "I'll be dammed..." Dale began to chuckle and put down his binoculars.

"Is it them? Are they back? What is it Dale!" Amy was panicked and was beginning to have a panic attack. I grabbed her hand to reassure her, the bright red car pulled in, right in front of the RV.