Chapter Twenty-Five

I stood still for a while. Carol's sobbing was what drew me to turn around. When I did, I looked at Shane blankly. I tossed the gun on the ground and walked past everyone. I went and sat against the fence. I didn't know what to do now. Beth ran to her dead mother and went to go see her. Beth flopped the woman over and the walker began moving again. Beth screamed but, I just couldn't move. I wanted to cry and scream, I just couldn't. I blanked out. The world around me stopped moving, when I finally looked up all I saw was Shane. Shane was standing with his hand out to me. I took it. Out of everyone, and I mean everyone, I only trusted him. I stood up next to Shane and swallowed. He helped my hand and we followed Hershel's family.

"We've been out combing these woods looking for her. She was in there all along? You knew?" Shane was still holding my hand. We followed their family.

"Leave us alone." Maggie wanted us gone just as much as everyone else.

"Shane they nee-" I barely could speak my words, my voice was a whisper.

"Hey Shane, just stop." Glenn spoke over me. Dad tried to stop Shane but, couldn't.

"You knew and you kept it from us." Shane kept walking.

"I didn't know." Hershel kept walking with Beth.

"That's bullshit." Shane kept pushing. Patricia lead Beth inside the house. "I think you all knew."

"They didn't know." I try to stop Shane and I put my hand on his chest. He looks at me and shakes his head.

"Then why was she in there!" Shane tried not to yell as much at me, but he still yelled.

"Otis put those people in the barn. Maybe he found her and put her in there before he was killed." Hershel nodded at me, I think he respected my decision to agree with him.

"You expect me to believe that? What do I look like? Do I look like an idiot to you?" Shane got closer to Hershel. I put my hand on Shane's chest and pushed him back.

"Hey, hey hey hey!" I tried to stop Shane. I successfully had done so too.

"I don't care what you believe! Get him off my land!" Hershel pointed at Shane. Dad tried to defuse it and appease everyone.

"Please-" Dad started to talk.

"Let me tell you somethin' man-" Shane interrupted dad. I was back to Hershel and front to Shane. Maggie walked up to Shane and was pissed. Shane tried to push me out of the way and then Maggie slapped him.

"Don't touch him." Her voice was pissed and upset. She turned around and brought her dad inside.

"I'm serious, off my land." Hershel pointed directly at Shane. I nodded. Glenn went inside with the family. I took Shane's hand and I began to walk off. Dad stopped us.

"What are you doing?" Dads tone was quiet but stern.

"Daryl almost died looking for her Rick. Anyone one of us could have, I'm gonna tell you right now that's on of a bitch, he knew." Shane pointed at the house.

"He didn't know. He's not like that. He opened his home to us!" Dad was trying to make everyone happy.

"Put us all in danger. Kept a barn full of walkers." Shane held my hand tight.

"So you just start snd insurrection? Hand our guns and massacre his family?" Dad looked at me for support.

"His family is dead. He may not believe that, but it's facts. He thinks we just murdered them in cold blood, but at this point it don't matter. Not what he thinks. Not what I think. Not what anyone thinks." I sighed as I spoke. They both surprisingly listened to me.