Chapter Twelve

"C'mon Carl!" I called as Carl chased after me. He huffed hard and slowed down yet again. I laughed hard and jogged over to him. "Alright alright," I turned around and got down so he could hop on my back. "Get on kiddo." He happily obliged and I took us up the rest of the hill.

"Are we there yet?" Carl sighed in frustration and laid his head down on my shoulder.

"Says the one being carried!" I wiggle a bit causing Carl to laugh. "We are 'bout ten blocks out." Carl gives me an exasperated sigh. I laugh and begin to run with him on my back. He decided to sit up giving his weight to my lower back. We laughed as we travelled back home.

I looked around and saw nothing but, wilderness. There wasn't enough gas to let Shane and I keep our Jeep so we got in the RV with Glenn, Dale, and Andrea. As we drove I dozed off here and there, when I finally woke up and stayed awake I was pounded with questions by everyone but Shane.

"Can we know the details now?" Glenn smiled as he turned around to face Shane and I. Like always I rolled my eyes and looked up at Shane who gave me a look of approval.

"C'mere, I'll share a bit." I shrugged off my words. Glenn eagerly looked at Dale who rolled his eyes and urged him on. "What do y'all wanna know?"

"Everything." Glenn's eyes shined with curiosity before Andrea elbowed him. "Ow! What the-"

"We just wanna know," Andrea paused eyeing Shane, "What you two are?" She pointed a finger between us. I looked at Shane and he was red, he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me back into his chest.

"Well," I took a deep breath. "I guess we haven't had that conversation." I held Shane's hand and squeezed.

"You could say dating, maybe?" Shane low whispered into my head and I nodded.

"You could say that." I smile turning slightly red. I watched as Glenn lit up, completely happy and smiley.

"Okay," Glenn smiled bright. "It's official. You guys are a thing, and we should celebrate." Glenn looked around.

"No, no no no." Shane shook his head before I could speak. "The adults still don't know and we have yet to tell them. So quiet until then." Shane squinted at Glenn who was now pouting. Glenn stood up and went back to the passenger seat. "Okay, let me clean my gun."  I sat next to Shane while he played with his gun, he taught Andrea what to do. I decided to dig through all the cabinets looking for anything and anything that I found entertaining. I felt the RV showing down, I leaned up next to Dale and Glenn in the front.

"You see a way through?" Dale looked at Daryl and he nodded, Dale pulled forward when Daryl did. Glenn groaned while he looked at the map.

"Maybe we should just go back," he looked down once again. "There's an interstate bypass-" he was cut off.

"Can't spare the fuel." Dale spoke and pulled forward watching Daryl. We watched as dead bodies in cars just layer there. Suddenly smoke began billowing out of the hood, a loud screeching noise followed. "I said it, didn't I say it? A thousand times, dead in the water." Everyone exited their vehicles and went around to the front of the RV for inspection.

"Problem Dale?" Shane was holding his shotgun in case of walkers, he made sure I was out first.

"Well, just the small matter of being stuck in the middle of nowhere with no hope of-" we all watched as Daryl began rifling through a nearby cruiser. "Okay, maybe that was dumb." Dale shrugged as he watched.

"Can you find a radiator hose here?" I leaned on the hood of the RV.

"You can find a whole lot of stuff here." Daryl answered my question for me. I smiled at Shane as he eyed me.

"Syphon more fuel from these cars here." T-Dog nodded as he walked past everyone digging through a vehicle of his own.

"Maybe some water?" Carol nodded at me while holding tight onto Sophia. "Food even?"

"This is a graveyard," Mom looked concerned, she drew everyone's attention. "I- I don't know how I feel about this." Everyone shrugged it off especially T-Dog.

"C'mon y'all, let just look around," Shane directed everyone sending a smile my way urging me to follow him. "Find what you can." I happily did so, we walked behind the rest of the group. Mom, Carol, Carl, and Sophia all wandered in one direction looking inside cars at the dead ones. Shane pulled me the opposite direction he grabbed my hand making sure I stayed caught up.

"You better hope no one is following us!" I smiled and whisper yelled at Shane. We saw a big van and quickly snuck behind it, when we did Shane kissed me passionately.

"I hope you understand how happy I am right now." Shane pulled back and looked at me. His hands were on my waist and my hands were around his neck. I nodded and kissed him. We acted like love stuck teenagers and made out for a minute, more like three.

"Okay," I sighed as I pulled away licking my lips a bit I spoke again. "Okay, we've gotta go look for shit." I watched as he put a pouty face on. Sighing I kissed him again, but slow and gentle. He savored ever second before I pulled away again. "C'mon officer, maybe we will find water, food, cloth-"

"Condoms." Shane smiled at his own comment causing me to laugh as well. "For the married couple, maybe Glenn." Shane roared laughing at himself, I did as well.

"Just himself!" I kissed Shane on the cheek and pulled away from him. "Guess a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do." I looked at Shane and he shrugged and then looked me up and down before attempting his growl again. He went to chase after me, but I ran away quicker than he could. I ran around the front of the van upon seeing Glenn I realized what kind of van it is. I read it out loud. "Lip-Sey spring water."

"Glenn..." Shane popped open the hatch on the truck. "We're we short on water?" I stood back amazed at our luck while Glenn looked over confused. When he noticed what we had discovered we all got excited. Shane grabbed one of the barrels at his height and popped the cap off, the water came spilling out rapidly. I hip bumped him out of the way drinking as much as I could, letting the rest fall through my hair and over my body. Shane grabbed my waist and let the water fall over us both.

"Hey! Save me some!" Glenn called as he being to laugh and unscrewed the hose faster.

"It's like being baptized man!" Shane said as he leaned over me putting his hand on one of the crates. I leaned my back against the truck and smiled. We stood there taking in all the glory we had just found. I spotted Dale on the top of the RV smiling at our discovery. He turned around and pulled out his binoculars, I ignored it considering it was a normal Dale thing to do. Shane hugged me tight, I squealed and hugged back. It was a damn good day.

****

Authors note

I figure y'all know that in order to do this I have to use a script of the episodes, and season two does not have any scripts that I could find. So I had to pull up Netflix and rewatch the episodes as I write. It's kind of exhausting. Anyways, how's everyone doing? 

Also I want to clarify that in my version Shane die because that was my most hated loss. :)))

Stay safe!