Chapter Thirty

Recap

We'd been at the farm for quite a long time. Carl healed and everything was good. The search for Sophia continued. Daryl was set on finding her, and he almost died to find her doll. We discovered the barn was full of walkers and Shane and I took care of it. We busted open the barn and shot every single one of them. Sophia happened to be in the barn as well, it devastated us all. We kept going, Hershel went MIA after the barn shooting. We ended up with a prisoner Randal. We decided on driving him out and leaving him, the first time it didn't work. Dale died to a walker trapped in the field. Shane ended up being one who killed him. Snapped his neck. Dad and Shane were at constant odds and, sad tried to stop it by putting a knife in Shane. It didn't work. The same night the farm was overrun, hundreds of walkers came storming through. We lost a lot of people. Shane and I ended up with Maggie and Glenn.

Recap end

After a long while of driving and Maggie asking millions of questions we stopped. Shane woke up but couldn't move his arm. We couldn't bandage it or anything, we weren't sure if anyone was alive or if we were the only ones. I stopped listening to Maggie and Glenn's conversations. All I knew- know is that we were going up to the highway where we left Sophia stuff. Shane had sat himself up.

"Where we goin?" Shane whispered to me.

"The highway. Might find the others there." I smiled and held Shane's hand. "Let me see that cut." I pulled the shirt off his arm to see the wound still fresh, it wasn't bleeding anymore but it was still fresh. "Let's take off your jacket. I need a better look at it. So I can attempt some stitches." I started pulling off his jacket.

"Y/n we can worry- fuck!" Shane yelled in pain as I moved his arm to take off his jacket. "That hurts."

"I'm sorry, but I'm going to take a better look at it. I don't want to hurt you, but we have to do something about this." I pulled off his jacket all the way. Then his shirt. Shane bit his lip holding back a yell. I traced his cut and he winced.

"Do you have to play with it?" Shane was annoyed. I smirked evilly at him.

"It's not as deep as it looks." I inspected the cut and huffed. "Think we could manage some stitches. Just depends on what we find though."

"They're alive! People are alive!" Maggie yelled as the blue truck pulled in front of us. The motorcycle was in front of them. We followed them to the highway. When we pulled in we saw the red truck with the topper. Glenn pulled over and Shane and I got out first. Shane stumbles but I helped him up.

"Shit." Shane held onto me. He was shirtless, and I didn't really care.

"It's okay. Just a few steps at a time." I helped Shane walk over to everyone else. Dad, Carl, and Mom were hugging. "Dad." 

"Y/n." Dad smiled at me and then dropped his smile when him and Shane made eye contact. Shane had explained how he was stabbed in the car. Dad and Shane were arguing and then Shane drew on dad, dad dropped his gun. Shane went to drop his and dad stabbed him to protect himself. They hopped each other had died.

"We should go to New York now." Shane leaned over to me and whispered in my ear. I nodded and sighed. "We shouldn't stick with them. Not anymore." Shane whispered again and I swallowed hard.

"Dad. We-" I moved my head away and then made eye contact with dad. "We're leaving. I- I don't think it's smart for y'all to live together. Time two, Is my draw." I sighed. Mom and Dad were both shocked.

"You aren't leaving Carl." Mom stumbled on her words. She looked at me sad. Carl looked sad. Everyone looked sad.

"I have to, if I don't then-" I sighed. "I'm not risking another fight. We have a plan. We already decided on it a long time ago." I looked at Shane and took a step back allowing him to lean against the green car.

"You- you can't leave." Carl walked up to me and was crying. I got on my knee and hugged him. I whispered in his ear.

"You'll see me again kid. I promise." I pulled back and Carl's face made me cry. I smiled at him. I stood up and saw mom and dad both crying.

"We love you." Both mom and dad hugged me. Talking in unison.

"I love you guys too, but for now, it's goodbye." I looked at mom and smiled. I looked at her belly and pressed a hand against it. "I'll see you one day baby, you are going to be a rockstar." I smiled bright at her stomach. I hugged mom and dad again, Carl joined in the hug. When we pulled away I wiped my tears. I went around hugging everyone. The only hug that made me cry a lot was Daryl. When he hugged me even he teared up. "One day." I held up my hand and smiled.

"One day." Carl repeated and sobbed as he put his hand up with the same action as me. Shane and I took the blue truck, and I drove off. Far off. We didn't look back. We didn't want to either.

"Shane, we are free!" I rolled down my window and yelled out it. Shane laughed next to me. "No more hiding anything, lots of making out, and lots of sex." I laughed out my words and Shane laughed too.

"Only focused on sex right now? We just left your family!" Shane couldn't help but laugh. "So where are we off to Grimes?" I slowed down the car.

"Roll up your window." I smiled and rolled up my window. Shane rolled up his confused. "Look now it's just us and any walker who sees us and bangs on the window can't eat us because the window isn't open." I looked at Shane. He smiled. "Can you move your arm yet?" I pushed my lips together and raised my eyebrow.

"Slightly." Shane pulled his shoulder back and fourth very, very little. "Why?" I looked around.

"Perfect." I got out of my seat and on top of Shane's lap. "Right now, I want to be a teenager again." I leaned in and got inches from his mouth.

"Y/n..?" Shane swallowed and leaned forward to close the gap, I pulled back.

"Nope." I popped the 'p' and smiled. "You see, like this. I feel powerful, we have anywhere to go, all the time in the world. So, what do you want to do Walsh?" I smiled and looked Shane in the eyes.

"I want to do this," Shane smiled and grabbed my waist and pulled me closer with his bad arm. Wincing as he did. He cupped my chin with his other hand. "Now I'm going to do this." Shane smiled and pulled me in to kiss him. The world fell around us, it was like someone pressed pause on everyone, but us. We no longer had to worry about anything but, each other. It was peaceful and calm. I pulled back and smiled at Shane.

"You ready for this? 'Cause we both know that for the rest of your life, you are gonna have to deal with me." I leaned against the dash.

"You're about to deal with me for the rest of your life." Shane held my waist. "Now, you ready for that New York trip?" I laughed and climbed off him.

"Only if you are." I grabbed his hand and kissed it. I started the car again and we took off. Our journey had just begun, hopefully it wasn't going to end any time soon.

End
*****
Authors note

It's over! I'm so sad! I enjoyed this series so much! I think from here I am going to do anything requested. I might write another book, add more chapters, anything y'all want! If you have any other characters that y'all want to see y/n with then I'd be happy to write it. Just go ahead and comment or in my bio I have my Instagram, go ahead and go message me and let me know your from wattpad and I'll take requests there as well. I love you all so much!
For the last time in this series.
Stay safe everybody❤️