Chapter Nineteen

Y/N's POV yet again :)

We walked in the direct for a long while before stopping. Daryl lead us, lead us the whole way. We were mostly silent.

"So this is it? This the whole plan?" Carl sat down on a long tree trunk with a stick in her hand. I watched her pick it up earlier. She had smiled as she did. A sad wishful smile.

"Guess the plan is to whittle us down into smaller and smaller groups." Daryl leaned up against a tree and stretched a bit.

"Carrying knives and pointy sticks, I see you both have guns." Andrea looked at mom and I. Before I could say anything mom cut in.

"Why? You want it?" She pulled out the gun and handed it to Andrea. "Here take it. I'm sick of the looks your giving me." Andrea got a bitch face and took the gun. There was no winning with her. "All of you." Mom looked at me for backup.

"Carol, I can't imagine what your going through. And I'd do anything to stop it but, please. Please stop blaming my dad." I sighed and grabbed Carols hand. "It's in your face every time you look at him. When Sophia ran he didn't hesitate did he? Not for a second. I don't know if any of us would have gone after her like he did. Even me I ran out there, but I couldn't do much but distract two walkers. I hesitated. Majorly hesitated and by the time I got down there I couldn't do much." I sighed and squeezed Carols hand.

"Or made the hard decisions he had to make or that anybody could have done it any differently." Mom jumped in again and gave me a thankful look. "Anybody?" We looked around for a minute. "Y'all look to him, and then you blame him when he's not perfect. If you think you can do without him, go right ahead nobody is stopping you you." Mom took a drink of her water. I put a hand on her shoulder telling her to calm down. Andrea handed back Mom's guns and nodded.

"We should keep moving." Andrea was trying to make things right, which I gave her respect for. We kept moving. Rightfully so.

"Wake up y/n." Someone was shaking me awake. "C'mon. You're room is still there you don't need to sleep on the couch." I opened my eyes to see Shane standing above me.

"No, I just want to sleep." I rolled back over and pulled the blanket back up. Shane chuckled and scooped me up.

"Then sleep over here." He set me down on a different couch and I got upset.

"Hey! I was laying there!" I laughed as I sat up.

"Now you aren't though." Shawn could be just as childish as me sometimes. It wasn't up to me to decide though. So when he threw himself down onto the couch I was previously laying on I got up and laid on top of him. Of corse he let me not realizing I would actually fall asleep on top of him. That's what I did too. With all the chaos and madness going on, between Dad getting shot and all the madness going on at school I stayed here for the week. At first it was weird, but now it was back to normal. Shane stayed at the house with me so I wouldn't be home alone all day. He took the week off for me. We stayed home all day and laughed. Of course I cooked and brought mom food at the hospital. When Carl got of school we'd go visit Dad and then go home and eat dinner. Shane was at the house more than me, when I left he stayed. He would watch Carl while I went shopping or something. It felt like a normal household.

"Still worrying about it?" Andrea caught attention to Mom who was paranoid over a gunshot we had heard earlier.

"It was a gunshot." Mom looked back towards the church.

"We all heard it." Daryl shrugged it off.

"Why just one? Just one gunshot?" Mom panicked a bit.