Chapter Twenty-Four

I stood leaning against a tree yawning while watching everyone do there thing. Carol was making breakfast, my family was eating, Andrea was knife sharpening, T-dog was helping Carol, and Daryl was doing something I wasn't sure what though. Glenn I saw was leaning against the tree he looked at the barn then to Maggie and then to Dale. I watched intently. Dale shook his head yes, to which I assumed Maggie shook her head no. Then it hit me. I looked wide eyed at Glenn, he looked at me and was confused. I pushed off the tree and walked over to him.

"What's going on with the barn? Something in there and you know." I whispered when I was right next to him. I made sure my voice was really low because I didn't want to draw attention to us. Glenn looked at me and swallowed. "You tell me right now or I'll ask someone who knows." I squinted my eyes at him and he nodded.

"Um- Guys?" Glenn's voice raises and caught the attention of everyone. "So..." Glenn was shaking, he was trying to find the words. "The barns full of walkers." Glenn swallowed and took a deep breath. Everyone looked at him confused and with fear. Shane moves and blinked at him. I stumbled back a bit, that was the last thing I expected to hear.

"Your fucking joking." Shane walked over to me and grabbed my hand, I let him and swallowed. Fear ran through me and I wasn't sure what to say or even do. Shane pulled me along with him, his first instinct was to take me with him and of course I let him. Everyone stopped what they were doing and followed us. We made our way down to the barn, I stayed as quiet as ever while everyone began to question it. We stood in a circle around the front side. Shane poke his eye through and saw them, from the distance I could hear the moaning and groaning. Shane turned around and walked back right next to me. "You cannot tell me you're alright with this." Shane took off his hat and ran a hand down his face. He was genuinely concerned dad would be just fine with it.

"No I'm not, but we're guests here. This isn't our land." Dad looked at Shane.

"This is our lives!" Shane yelled then flipped his hat back on.

"Lower your voice!" Glenn tried to calm everyone down.

"We can't just sweep this under the rug." Andrea pleaded with Dad.

"This is bullshit." I pushed out my words and everyone looked at me. "We only have two choices here. We've either got to make things right or we've just got to go." Shane nodded at me, he agreed with my words.

"Now we have been talkin' about Fort Benning for a long time." Shane tried to make his case on us leaving.

"We cant go." Dad held his hound out at Shane.

"Why Rick why?" Shane grabbed my hand and held it tight.

"Because my daughter is still out there." Carol stepped forward with a sigh.

"Okay." Shane held the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Okay, I think it's time that we all start to just consider the other possibility." Shane looked at Carol and I drop his hand. He looked at me with concern.

"We're not leaving Sophia behind." Dad started to speak then Daryl interjected.

"I'm close to finding this little girl. I just found her damn doll two days ago." Daryl became worked up and pointed at Shane.

"You found her doll, Daryl. That's what you did. You found a doll." Shane stepped back away from the group.

"You don't know what the hell your talking about!" Daryl swing his arm dismissively at Shane.

"I'm just saying what needs to be said!" Shane presses on further. "You get a good lead, it's in the first 48 hours!" Dad and I both put our backs against each other and calmed down a person. I calmed down Shane and he calmed down Daryl.