Chapter Twenty-Seven

It'd been a week since I heard the conversation between Mom and Dad. Shane and I hadn't talked much, I'd stuck to myself and Daryl. The Randall kid was actually really nice, I was asked to watch over him while everyone else did whatever. I was fine with it, when I very first watched over him I had ended up falling asleep. The kid was asleep the whole time, he just so happened to wake up while I was sleeping. He couldn't move anyway. When I had woken up he was watching me, we sat and talked. We actually became friends, I didn't mind his company and he didn't mind mine. I learned about his group, his family, his life before, everything. Randall is twenty, he used to play baseball, and actually enjoys watching football. He became a day to day person, I grew to trust him and when drop off day came around. I was sad, I was loosing a friend. I begged dad and Shane to let me come with. Finally they got annoyed and agreed.

"Fine! Go get your shit we are leaving in 10." Dad dismissed me and rolled his eyes. I punched my fist in the air and ran towards the house. Maggie let me sleep in the guest room since Shane and I weren't talking. I begged Hershel to allow my gun on the nightstand as well, he said as long as the clip stayed out. I ran to my room and popped the clip into my gun and got ready to go. Shane's sweatpants were laying on the dresser and I sighed looking at them. I shook my head and changed from a hoodie and way to short shorts (to catch Shane's eye- yes I've reached that point where 'I want you to apologize before I do') to jeans- that make me look really hot- and an old t-shirt Maggie gave me, it had some kind of coffee logo it had been so faded out no one really knows, the shirt was short and tight. I finally came out all ready to go and went to the green car where Dad and Shane were packing up what we needed to take.

"All ready!" I smiled as I ran up. Shane swallowed and looked me up and down. Dad rolled his eyes and smiled a bit. "Is Randal all loaded up?" I'd thought about leaving with Randal, but I couldn't just leave Carl, Maggie, Shane, Beth, and Daryl.

"Yeah." Dad looked at Shane who was still looking at my attire. Dad elbowed him and I laughed. Shane looked at dad and grabbed his arm.

"Who's sitting in back with the kid?" Shane tried not to look at me, but his eyes kept lingering towards me.

"I will!" I shouted then covered my mouth smiling. Shane was physically annoyed by me doing that. His body tensed and he was just upset.

"Put the blindfold on him then." Dad handed me the blindfold. I nodded and got in the back. Randal was sitting there looking out the window.

"I recognize this place." Randal looked at me and smiled. "I assume you are gonna put that on me." I nodded and Randal chuckled.

"If I'm being honest I'm just waiting until they throw you in the trunk." We both laughed. "Shane don't like you. Not one bit." I looked at the blindfold.

"Go ahead put it on me. I don't mind." Randal smiled at me. He sat up and angled giving me room to put it on. I leaned over and pulled it around the front of his head. His hands and legs were tied so he couldn't hurt me, I don't think he would regardless. I tied the knot tight, I pulled the blindfold up so I could still make eye contact with him. "You are nicer than the rest of them you know."

"I'm not, I've done things just as bad as them." I still was hovering over Randal. Part of me liked Randall and I wanted to make Shane more jealous than jealous but I won't act on it. I love Shane, but want to make him jealous. At least a little bit. I sat back in the seat.

"I think you are better than them." Randal looked at me, he smiled and flickered his eyes down to my lips and then looked back up at my eyes. I shook my head and swallowed. I know he just thought about kissing me. He wants to kiss me, what if I kissed him? That would set off Shane. Oh, my, god. Shane! I need to leave. I have to leave. Y/n! Get out of the car!