Chapter Fifteen

"What you wanna talk about?" I shrugged as Mom walked me to the open side of the vehicles.

"Back when you were just about to graduate Shane told me something." She sighed. "He told me he thought you were- well as he put it 'the best girl he'd ever met' thats when I figured it out." Mom bit her lip.

"Figured out what?" I looked at her confused, I looked inside a small car to see if there was anything useful inside.

"That you both liked one another." She sighed and popped open the door to the car I was looking in. "I know that you two still do. Y/n, please just not with him. I beg of you." Mom reached in and popped the trunk. I sighed a bit and looked at her.

"Mom, that's not a decision for you to make." I held my ground. "I know you, you have some feelings for him. Or whatever. You are married. You have a son. I refuse to let you choose relationships for me, again." She sighed and got frustrated.

"I only do what's best for you y/n!" She dig through the back seat while I looked in the trunk. "I refuse to let you be with him. End of story." She slammed close the door.

"You don't get a say! I am Twenty damn years old!" I cried out and she began walking away.

"You are still a child!" She screamed back at me. "You don't just get to do as you please!"

"I do! I have a decision! You have no say! Hell, even dad gets that!" I scream back, before speaking again I lower my voice and calm myself down a bit. LI know you are the reason he has those scratches on his neck. So don't you dare tell me I am still a child. I was taught to keep my hands to myself." I huffed and walked past her, I went straight to the RV. I laid down on the couch very well knowing T-Dog was on the bed in the back. During the herd he had cut his arm. Daryl saved his life.
A little while later I blinked open my eyes, Shane was carrying me in his arms bridal style. I figured I had fallen asleep sometime in the RV. I was laid down in a vehicle that I assumed to be the cruiser, but once I felt the seat I knew it wasn't. I sat up and looked around a bit.

"Go back to sleep, baby." Shane leaned over and kissed me on the head before leaning on the door. Of course with those words I couldn't just go back to sleep.

"Shane?" I whispered and he smiled grabbing hold of my hand. He made a 'mhm' sound and tightened his grip. "Mom knows doesn't she?"

"Yes she does. I shoulda wai-" Shane begin to speak but, I cut him off.

"Good. She can suck a dick." I smiled and opened my eyes a bit. He laughed hard and kissed my hand.

"Go to sleep now. You'll need the rest." His hand loosened in mine. I held on firm.

"No, I'll wake up." I sat up and he let me.

"Fine, fine. I have a blanket if you want it." He holds up a blanket and I wrapped it around my shoulders. I got out of the vehicle and held his hand back to the RV. I yawned and stretched the entire time. When we reached 'camp', Andrea was comforting Carol whole the others collected the food they found into a pile. Pretty soon I heard Andrea talking to Dale pissed off- yet again.

"Where's my gun?" She stormed up to him. "You have no right to take it."

"You don't need that just now do ya?" Dale shrugged and continued to play with the RV.

"My father gave it to me, it's mine." She started throwing out anger in just her voice.

"I can hold onto it for ya." Dale didn't look you at Andrea.

"Or you can give it back to me." She continued to roar at Dale. Shane caught notice and rolled his eyes, of course he walked over there with me. I wrapped around one of his arms.

"Everythin' cool?" Shane said with a rough voice.

"No, I want my gun back." Andrea copped attitude again, and I yawned into Shane. Luckily for me she couldn't see the gun in my hoister due to the blanket covering it.

"I don't think it's a good idea right now." Dale looked up flickering his eyes between Shane and I.

"Why not?" I queried and Dale's face just looked annoyed.

"I'm not comfortable with it." After dale spoke Andrea laughed while scoffing. Her posture turned hostile and I scrunched my nose, looking at Dale I rolled my eyes.

"Well, the truth is..." Shane licked his lips looking for something to say. "The less guns we have floating around camp, the better." Andrea scoffed again.

"You both turning over your weapons." Andrea directed the question more towards me rather than Shane.

"Already have." I smiled, Andrea nodded then looked at Shane. He chuckled a bit.

"No," he paused for minute interlocking his fingers with mine. "But I'm trained in its use. That's what the rest of y'all need, proper training. But until that time Dale keeps em' all accounted for." Shane held his own and took a deep breath. Andrea scoffed again, she nodded and walked away.

"Mind tellin' me what that's about?" I asked as I let go of Shane looking at Dale. Before he could say anything Glenn interrupted us.

"Oh god, their back!" Glenn set down the crate he was carrying as he spoke. We watched as a Carol panicked seeing no Sophia. I stood back and let Shane go up. I didn't want to see either of my parents, but knowing Daryl was back safe did make me smile.

"We have to make this an organized effort." I heard dads voice above the rest. "Daryl knows the woods better than anybody, I've asked him to oversee this." I kept looking down at my feet as he talked. I took a step back and held on tight to the RV. I felt sad, so sad. I had lost faith that Sophia was coming back, there was nothing we could have done. The air was heavy and everyone looked upset. The rest of us went and got settled for the night. Shane and I slept in the van he was fixin' up. I walked straight over there when Shane motioned for me to follow him.

"You okay?" Shane asked me as he held my chin up. I nodded as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Sophia, she's probably dead." I felt myself sobbing, I refused to let my voice break or to completely break. The tears stung onto my face.

"It's okay." Shane pulled me into a hug, I wrapped my arms around his neck and his arms wrapped around my waist. He pulled me up and I wrapped my legs around him. We stood there for what felt like forever and I cried while he hugged me. Comforting me. I didn't want to think about finding Sophia, so I figured I'd think about hugging Shane. That's exactly what I did.

****

Authors note

I think I enjoy writing this more than I did watching. That's all for today.

Stay safe <3