Prom Queen?

"I'm so excite for you! Prom, every girls dream."

"Probably yours mom but not mine, I rather lay in my shorts and watch anything on Netflix."

"Oh shut up, and hold still."

"Ow! Don't poke me."

"Well I have to make sure this dress fits you. It's better than wearing all black and this dark purple velvet is gonna look bea-u-ti-ful! With your body when I'm done getting this fitted with you." She say getting this dress to fit me.

I'm really thin so I know my moms going to take a while cutting and sewing it all together. My mom has a real talent in this, I dont know what's it called but she's good. I'm really not this type of girl to be into this whole OMG it's so beautiful, this night is gonna be cray-cray. Eww! Just no, never.

"Okay I'm done, Iris." She says getting up. "Go take a look, hun."

"Fine, but I don't get the big deal about dressing up you know that," I walk to her room which has a huge glass mirror slide door for her closet. It's her favorite thing about her room. "This is stupid, I'm not going to..."

Wow, it's... it's really amazing.

"Ain't it beautiful. I'm good aren't I, hun." she says walking into the room.

"Mom, I've never," I turn my body checking out every angle. "well felt beautiful for once."

"Iris, you've always been beautiful but this time you get to show it in confidence."

"Thank you, mom." I turn to her smiling.

"Anytime, hun." she hugs me. "And I know you're going to win Prom Queen!"

My smile slowly fades away as I turn back facing her glass mirror doors. Prom queen? Do I even have a chance to win. Bryce, yes for Prom King but not with me by his side.

"Hopefully, it goes fine this weekend."