Like We Use To

I feel pathetic! How could I fall for him, even after everyone warned me about him! I just thought he'd change to a good person. I was wrong as always.

I'm out here waiting for my ex to pick me up, how low can I get. Do I really have nobody else to help me but the one person who loved me and I pushed away. I'm... I'm such a bitc...

"Hey!"

I look up and see Bryce in his car, he doesn't look happy to be here. I feel horrible I should have just walked home alone. I get up and walk up to his car, I wipe my eyes before he can notice but that probably won't work.

"Hey, Bryce."

"Hey, get in." He says in annoyed tone.

"Bryce I'm so sorry," I open the car door and get in. "I-I just didn't know who else to call."

"Hmm."

"I didn't mean to bother you, I just didn't feel safe walking home alone and Aaron..."

"I don't wanna hear it, okay. Lets just get you home."

"Uh okay."

As he drives me home, I couldn't help but keep glancing over at him each second. He's still the handsome guy, and him picking me up reminds me of how sweet he was to me. We come to a stop and looks over at me. My face turns red because I've been look at him for the longest time.

I turn my head to the side, trying to hide me face.

"I know you were staring at me Iris."

"I was not!"

He laughs, it's still as cute as I remember. I look out the passenger window and see that we're out front of my house, good thing he lives close to me. I thank him for the ride and open the car door to get out.

"Iris," he grabs my arm before I could exit. "I'm not letting you get in there alone."

"Huh?" I'm confused.

"I know you, Iris. I know you've been crying. I also know what you're going to start doing once you're in there." He knows me to well. "You're going to over think whatever happen and it's gonna hurt you and you are going to wanna numb the pain."

"Bryce I... I just need to alone you don't understand."

"I don't understand huh?"

He lets go over me and takes off his black sweater. I nearly cried to what I saw.

His arms, they're bandaged.

"Bryce, why...?"

"You."

"Me?" my heart sank.

"I was lost without you, I dont know if you were scared of being alone, but I am. Iris I'm lost without you."

I couldn't help it, I wrap my arms around his neck and cry my eyes out.

"Bryce I'm so sorry!"

He puts his arms around me and I feel his head gently placed on my shoulder.

"It's fine, I hit my low in the longest time."

I let go and see the look in his face. It's kind and innocent, he's the guy I fell for the day I saw him at my front door.

"Bryce, I don't wanna be alone anymore, not without you!"

"Lets get inside, we'll talk more in the morning. Lets just get you some rest," he wipes a tear off my cheek with his thumb and smiles at me me. His kind warming smile always made me feel that everything will be okay.