Prologue

She kept the coffee on the table with a loud sound makings the coffee spill on the table. Looking up at him, she expected a reaction but he silently took the coffee and walked to the couch.

I want to talk to you”

I'm all ears” He told while sipping the coffee.

What is my role in your life? She asked and he shrugged.

Wife, I guess”

You guess? So you're not even sure about it” She asked angrily.

Did you ever acknowledge me as your wife? She asked but he didn't answer. He stood up to go and she felt her anger and frustration reach the peak.

Why? Why Shivaay? What was my mistake? You didn't want a marriage then you should have talked to me. I would have said No but now, it's been three months. I don't know how I survived in this big penthouse all alone. You should have left me in Mumbai if you wanted time. Do you know what all dreams I had when I came with you? No! How will you know? Have you even looked at me properly till now? Hell! Do you even know my name is Anika? She asked angrily as all the bottled up frustration of last three months flowed out altogether. He just stood there silently not knowing what to say.

Anika I--”

I sleep on this edge and you sleep on that edge? What life is this? Every girl will have some dreams before marriage. Even I had but-everything remained just dreams. Have you ever held my hand Shivaay? I'm staying here just for you to flaunt to the world that you have a wife. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of everything” She told as she sat on the bed.

He sat beside her maintaining a safe distance and she looked at him.

There's always this distance between us and this will never go away. Tell me frankly Shivaay. Do you want me in your life? Please tell me. I'm ready for a divorce if that makes you happy” She told shocking him.

Divorce? What are you even saying? He asked and her eyes brimmed up with tears.

What do you expect from me after ignoring me like a plaque for the last three months? You tell everyone I'm your wife but have you ever meant it truly? I mean look at our life. All mechanical. I wake up in the morning and bring your coffee. By sharp 8, you'll finish your coffee and come for breakfast. We both have breakfast in utter silence. Do you know I hate silence? I have tried talking to you during the first few weeks but you never showed interest and I stopped” She told looking away to hide her tears.

After breakfast, you go out without even telling me a good bye. Is it so much to ask for? I know it's silly but I can't help it. I wanted to continue with my course but what should I do here where I seriously don't know about anything or anyone? I tried talking to you but you never really cared and I accepted it. You come back from office. I try talking to you but either you'll be busy in some call or laptop. You'll fresh up. Then you sit with your laptop. We have dinner like two strangers and go to sleep. Next day again, the same” She told as she tried hard not to cry.

Tell me honestly Shivaay. Do you have anyone else in your life? I won't be a hindrance. I promise” She told turning to him suddenly and he looked shocked at her.

No He told shaking his head.

Your ex cheated you? She asked and he widened his eyes as he looked at her.

No He told frantically.

Are you gay? She asked tiredly.