Part 38 - Sadness laced with happiness

“What happened?” He asked seeing her grim face as she sat inside the car after writing the entrance exam.

“It was very hard. I didn't even know most of the questions” She told biting her lower lip.

“Really?” He asked holding her hand and she nodded.

“It's ok. We'll try next time” He told kissing her palm and she turned to look at him with tears.

“Shivaay——”

“It's ok. We'll try better next time. Now, don't you want ice cream?” He asked and she shook her head as she kept her head on his shoulder.

“Why did it happen like this?” She asked with tears.

“Just like you told, you work for an year and then join university. Your Shivji always gave more importance to your wishes right” He asked and she looked at him unable to say anything.

“I should have gone to university while I was pregnant itself. Simply wasted a placement” She told guiltily.

“We talked about it right? You were too tired then. Remember the days when you used to vomit six or seven times in a day?” He asked and she nodded.

“Now whatever had to happen, happened. We can't change it. Let it be” He told caressing the back of her palm.

After sometime, he looked at her.

“Do you hate me Anika?” He asked and she looked at him shocked.

Not knowing what to do, in both anger and sadness hearing that question, she raised her hand and gave a tight slap on his face making him close his eyes. He expected it seeing the anger in her eyes.

“Will you ask this question again?” She asked angrily while holding his collars.

“Anika——” before he could complete, she slapped his other face.

“Will you ask this question again?” She asked with tears of anger rolling down her eyes.

“I won't” He told and she sat back huffing.

“I'm hearing this from the time we got married. Isn't it time for you to stop this dialogue?” She asked angrily.

“Three months after marriage” He corrected and she turned to him with a glare. He kept both his palms on his cheeks quickly and she turned her face angrily.

“Anika” He told poking her arm and she shrugged her hand with a frown.

“Jaan” He called poking her arm and she turned to him with a glare.

“Sorry” He told holding both his ears and she frowned.

“Monkey” She told and he grinned.

“How much I scold you everyday Shivaay! When will you stop saying all these nonsense?” She asked and he smiled sheepishly.

“Now start the car. I want to see my kids. They might have missed me” She told frowning.

“They went out with OmRu and Prinku”

“Where?”

“Shopping I guess. Those three have no other job than buying all sorts of clothes and toys for the babies right” He told and she chuckled.

“Shivaay, we won't talk about this entrance again” She told sternly and he sighed.

“And ya, if you ask that question again, I'll strangle you to death” She held her hand near his neck “Don't make me a murderer and a widow. I want my kids to have their mother” She told and he laughed listening to that.