Part 35 - Truth being told

She looked at him as he walked around with one of the babies while she sat on the bed with the other baby in her arms.

“Shivaay” She called and he stopped walking to look at her. The moment he stopped, the baby started crying and he closed his eyes before starting to walk while slightly rocking the baby.

They had come home a week back from hospital and ever since then everyone were busy pampering the babies. The only problem was that, the babies don't sleep at night and keep crying unless Anika holds them or Shivaay walks around with them.

“You come and sleep. I'll hold him”

“You're already holding her. Do one thing. Give her to me and you sleep for a while. You need rest” He told while walking to her.

“Shiv——” Before she could deny, he took the baby from her in his other arm.

“Sleep” He told as he bent down and kissed her head.

Looking at him, it didn't take much time for her to fall asleep as she was too tired. Not getting proper sleep along with the effects of surgery and breast-feeding that too to two babies at a time just increased the tiredness.

*

When she woke up, she was in his arms making her smile. Raising her head slightly, she looked at the babies peacefully sleeping in the cradles. Caressing his slightly over grown beard, she kissed his nose and he opened his eyes with a jerk before looking at her frantically as if searching for a potential threat.

“What happened?” She asked confused as he looked at the cradle once before breathing a sigh of relief.

“N-Nothing. What's the time?” He asked rubbing his eyes while sitting upright. She pulled him back to the bed and looked at him.

“What happened to you Shivaay? Aren't you able to sleep properly?” She asked caressing his face.

“Nothing like that” He told looking away.

“My face is here” She told holding his jaw.

“They'll wake up” He told while trying to get up from the bed but she held his kurta tightly preventing him from doing so.

“I know what to do when they wake up. What is bothering you? I'm seeing your weird behavior right from the hospital. You're changing topics whenever I asked about your behavior. First I thought it's the tension of a new father but it's not. There's something more” She told and he looked at her for sometime before turning their position and going on top of her making her gasp.

“What do you want to know?” He asked huskily as he traced her face with his finger.

“Sh-Shivaay this is not the time for your romance” She told stammering.

“Acha? Is there any time for romance?” He asked nuzzling in her neck and she held his hair while closing her eyes tightly.

He held her wrists and kept it above her head making her gasp. Looking at her with a smirk, he wiggled his eyebrows looking into her eyes. She raised her head and pecked his lips while he left her wrist unknowingly. Taking the chance, she went on top of him and looked at him.

“Your distraction tactics don't work on me anymore” She told and he chuckled.

“I love you” He told kissing her nose and she narrowed her eyes at him.

“Tell me back” He told and she chuckled before keeping her head on his chest.

“I love you too” She told kissing her chest while he held her as he caressed her hairs.

“Why should I know what's bothering you? Who am I right?” She asked and he sighed.

“Jaan——”

“You don't mean it Shivaay. You call it just like every other guy calls his girlfriend” She told and he was silent for a while.

She raised her head to see him looking at her expressionless. Only the tears that lined his eyes said that he wasn't frozen.

“Shivaay just shout at me once. Don't keep everything in your mind and torture yourself at least now. You've been doing it from quite a long time now” She cried while kissing his face.

“Say something. You're scaring me” She told holding his face and he tried smiling at her.

He finally decided to tell her everything as he knew that she won't let him live in peace without knowing what was in his mind.

“Do you know what happened while you were inside for surgery?” He asked and she looked confused at him.

“What happened?” She asked softly and his voice choked.

He explained what happened that day and she felt as if her heart stopped beating for a few seconds. She sat on the bed while looking at him before turning to look at the baby in the cradle, all while her face remained expressionless.

“Why didn't you say this to me?” She asked in a whisper as she felt her voice getting stuck in her throat.

“What's the use of saying all these to you anyway? It's the past and better would be just me knowing it” He told as he sat upright.

“So you went through all the pain alone? You went through all the fear alone? Didn't you promise me, in sadness or happiness we'll go through it together, while taking pheras? Don't you give any value for that promise?” She asked with tears rolling down her eyes.

“You went through so much, all alone” She told crying against his chest as she held his kurta in her grip.

“I can't even imagine holding our lifeless baby but you——” She cried holding him tightly and he held her as if his life depended on her.

“Seeing them in incubator itself made my heart break. How did you hold yourself?” She asked sobbing and he silently sat there caressing her hair.

Hearing her cries, the baby girl started crying and she turned to the cradle startled. Parting from him, she rushed to the baby and held her in her arms before walking towards him.

“She——Was she——?” She was unable to complete the sentence and he nodded.

She kissed her little face innumerable times with tears rolling down her eyes.

“Mumma didn't know anything baby. Your papa didn't tell me anything” She whispered while holding the baby close to her chest.

He side hugged her shoulder and held her close to him while keeping his palm on top of her palm with which she had held the baby.

“Nothing will happen to them” She told keeping her head on his chest.

“Deep inside me, I still feel scared if someone would snatch you three away from me. It'll take time for that fear to go away. Till then, let it go like this” He told with a sigh.

“You can't even sleep properly. If you go like this, you'll turn depressed” She told and he kissed her head.

“Just stay in my arms while I sleep. I get the most peaceful sleep while hugging you close to my chest” He told and she nodded with tears in her eyes.

“Now enough of all the crying. It's their naming ceremony tomorrow. Did you forget? A lot of preparations and decorations are left” He told and she nodded with a faint smile.

He took the sleeping baby from her arms before making it lie down in the cradle.

When he turned, she held his shoulders and stood on his feet before kissing him. He closed his eyes as he reciprocated back while holding her close to him.

“I love you” She whispered against his lips and he slightly pressed her to the wall before kissing her back again.

“I love you too” He told while breathing heavily and a blushy smile crossed her lips.

••|To Be Continued|••