Part 34 - The Love of a mother

After 48 long hours, Anika finally saw the babies. Her heart broke seeing them inside the incubator breathing faintly. The recovery was rapid and the doctors advised to keep them under observation for another twenty four hours to make sure they had recovered.

She looked at Shivaay with a smile to which he reciprocated a tired one. It had been exactly three days since he slept or ate properly and that was to be seen on his face. If he closed his eyes out of tiredness, he would wake up in shock and rush to check on the babies if they were fine. That was his routine since last three days.

“Which is girl?” She asked looking at him and he pointed at the left incubator.

“How do you know correctly? Both look same” She asked and he smiled.

“There's a birthmark on his chest near neck just like I have” He pointed at the baby boy's chest and she looked at him surprised.

“That's a small spot. How did you notice?”

“Just like that” Little did she know that if asked, he might even say the number of hairs on the babies' head. He had spent three sleepless nights, one out of the ICU and the other two inside, near the incubator after almost everyone had slept. Seeing them breathing gave him peace that he didn't get anywhere in the cold rooms of that hospital.

“I feel like taking them in my arms” She told sadly.

“Just a few more hours. There's a few tests to do and then they're all ours” He told and she smiled.

“Let's go?” He asked and she shook her head.

“You shouldn't stand or sit like this for a long time Anika. Listen to me” He told and she sighed before walking with him back to the room.

Om, Rudra and Priyanka were there by that time as they had come soon after knowing about Anika's delivery.

“I will hold the babies first” Rudra told frowning as they were deciding who would hold the babies first after bringing them out of the incubator.

“I'm the elder one. I will hold” Om told.

“Excuse me! I'm the youngest one. I will hold” Priyanka told frowning at both of them and both Shivaay and Anika looked at each other.

“Guys!”

“Bhaiyya look at Om bhaiyya and Rudy bhaiyya! Tell them that I'll hold the babies first” Priyanka went to Shivaay with a cry baby face. That always worked well with Shivaay.

“There are two babies. Whoever want can hold. Now move out of the bed” He told tiredly looking at Rudra and Om and they quickly moved out.

He carried Anika and placed her properly on the bed while she kept looking at him.

“Om, do me a favor” Anika told looking at Om and Shivaay looked at her confused.

“Tell me Bhabhi”

“Take your brother somewhere and make him sleep properly. He haven't slept properly since days” She told and Shivaay chuckled.

“I will sleep. You don't worry about that. Now have this tablet” He told giving her the tablet and she had it without any other word. She would have shown tantrums if he was in a normal state but he was too tired for anything.

“Shivaay come with me” Om told and Shivaay knew that instant he had no escape m

“Anika——”