Part 4 - Puri

She opened her book to study but she couldn't concentrate in anything. Being angry to herself, she was about to close the book when the door bell rang.

“Babita di” She told with a sigh as she got up from the couch and walked to the door. Without looking at the person, she walked inside as she knew it was Babita.

“Babita di, I'll just go and take a bath and come quickly” She told and was about to go when her wrist was held.

“Anika, I'm sorry” He told and she turned to him, shocked.

“You?” She asked with wide eyes and he sighed before holding her in a warm hug making her eyes dilate in shock.

“I'm so sorry. In that anger, I just. I'm sorry” He told but sensing her standing like Mr bean, he parted while removing her hair from his beard.

“Uh—Sorry I—” He stammered but she shook her head and smiled faintly.

“It's ok. Mistake was mine. You didn't drink your coffee so I was bringing it for you but then you came out and my hand——” She told doing actions with her hands and only when she felt his fingers on her cheek did she realise that tears had rolled down her eyes.

“I—I'm sorry Shivaay. I didn't mean to do that” She told as she tried not to cry in front of him.

“It was not your mistake” He told holding her palms in his.

“My temper! I'm short tempered and I say all nonsense when I'm angry” He told and she looked at him.

“Do meditation na. Short temper is very bad you know” She told and he chuckled.

“Even my papa didn't shout at me like that till now” She told and he sighed.

“I'm sorry?” He asked holding both his ears.

“I don't hold grudges so no problem” She told and he smiled.

“Then give me a hug” He told spreading his arms and she widened her eyes.

“Anika, I just asked for a hug. I mean friends wala hug” He told and she smiled before taking a step forward.

She fidgeted with her arms for sometime not knowing what posture to hug. He shook his head and pulled her closer to him while she involuntarily wrapped her arms around him with wide eyes.

“You don't know how to hug?” He asked and her ears turned red.

“Hugs are not my thing” She told softly.

“Then you should make it your thing because I hug everyone I'm close to” He told and she raised her head slightly.

“So I'm close to you?”

“Why do you think I'm hugging you?” He asked and she smiled.

He parted from the hug and looked at her.

“Is there puri left? You were talking, I was listening. In between I forgot about my food you see and——”

“You're hungry. Say that clearly na. Why do you twist words so much?” She asked chuckling as she walked to the dining table and opened the casserole.

“Only one is there” She told and he sighed.

“Something is better than nothing” He told and she smiled as he quickly took a plate and sat on the chair.

“What will one puri do? You wait, I'll make something for you” She told but he shook his head.

“It's ok”