Part 33 - The love of a father

Have two parts to reply to comments already but still I'm being the considerate and sweet person who wouldn't like to keep readers in tension 😁😁.

*

He kissed the baby's tiny hand with tears dripping down his eyes.

“Open your eyes once baby. Please” He whispered holding the baby towards his chest.

Feeling a movement in his hand accompanied by a faint whimper, he moved the baby from his chest only to see the baby's hand moving sightly. Everyone looked at the happening with shock in their eyes.

He looked on with thumping heart as the nurse snatched the baby from his arms and rushed inside shouting something.

That particular moment, he didn't know what was the emotion going on his mind. It was as if he came back into life from death along with the baby. He touched his chest where his heart was thumping furiously against his rib cage. He didn't believe in miracles till then but from that moment he knew, miracles do happen. The love of the father in him was strong enough to bring back his daughter back from the mouth of death. He knew both his Anika and his son would be safe because as long as he was alive, he won't allow anything to happen to them.

*

He looked at the incubator through the glass of the ICU with his palm on the glass. The hope that everything would be fine had kept him alive all these hours but now that hope slowly started shattering when the doctor said that the baby boy was weak and had less chances to survive. He didn't know what to do than pray to the almighty for keeping all three of them safe.

“Shivaay how long are you standing here like this. Drink some water at least” Vrinda told holding his shoulder and he turned to look at her. Tears brimmed up in his eyes as he looked at her.

“Mumma I'm—I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for pushing Anika to this situation——” He stopped seeing Vrinda's glare, the same Anika-wala glare.

“Stop saying all these nonsense Shivaay! You haven't done anything. My daughter might be the luckiest person in this world for having you. Who can love her more than this?” Vrinda asked with tears and Shivaay looked at her without saying a word.

“God won't pretend of not seeing these tears. All three of them would be safe. I know that. Come and have something, then only you can cry more like this” Vrinda told and Shivaay couldn't help but chuckle through his tears.

“Anika got conscious” Jhanvi told as she rushed towards them and Shivaay breathed properly for a few seconds after many hours.

He almost ran to the room where she was shifted after the surgery. She was shouting and crying despite being under effect of anesthesia as the nurses and both the fathers tried to hold her still.

On seeing him, she stopped struggling and looked at him feeling her eyes droop. He walked to her and she looked at his movement without blinking her eyes.

“Shivaay” She whispered as she tried to keep her eyes open. He held her as she was about to fall back on the bed and she kept her head on him before slowly closing her eyes.

He made her sleep her properly on the bed before kissing her forehead.

“Be thankful that the stitch didn't bleed. I haven't seen such a woman in my life” One of the nurses told frowning.