Part 1 - Getting to know each other

She opened her eyes and looked at the time only to get a huge shock. The time was already 9 and she over slept. What happened to the damn alarm?

Hey Shivji! She chanted as she got down the bed quickly only to see Shivaay sitting on the couch scrolling through his mobile

Hey! Good morning” He told with a smile and she looked shocked at him. Did sun rise from west today? Did birds fly upside down? Did rivers flow backward?

Time is 9. Your breakfast” She told softly and he shrugged.

Toast did the job. I thought to make coffee but then--I messed it up and-- He sighed deeply at the end.

“Don't tell me you spoilt the coffee machine. Shivji!! My coffee machine” She told before running to the kitchen and he followed her quickly.

“What have you done to my kitchen? She asked looking at the spilled coffee everywhere in the kitchen.

I tried making coffee” He told standing at the door and she turned to him.

“Like this? She asked with a frown and he tried smiling but nothing worked.

She suddenly smiled and he looked confused at her.

“Ok you're trying to make up for last three months? She asked and he nodded quietly.

“Aww. It's ok. Now don't enter kitchen after this. I'll clean it up. By the time, can you order something? She asked and he nodded before turning to walk dejected.

She smiled faintly and turned to the kitchen. He was trying and that was a huge thing for her. He wanted to be in the marriage and that made her heart swell. After giving up all hopes on married life, this was like manna from heaven.

Anika He called as she was cleaning up and she turned to him.

I'll help? He asked softly and she couldn't help but smile.

“You know how to do this? She asked and he shook his head slowly.

“Then how will you help me? She asked and he sighed.

“It's ok. I'll do it” She told and turned to clean.

Waise, tell me about you. You were right yesterday. I don't know anything about you except that your name is Shivaay, you're the CEO of your branch in Delhi and you like to drink espresso every time” She told without turning and he walked into the kitchen before climbing up and sitting on the kitchen counter making her surprised.

The name's Oberoi, Shivaay Singh Oberoi” He told in James Bond style while blowing on his fingers like gun and she chuckled.

Wah! If someone told me two days back that you'll talk like this to me, I would have booked a bed for them in mental asylum” She told chuckling while still cleaning the coffee stain and his face fell.

What happened? Continue” She told and turned to look at him.

Anika, I'm sorry” He told softly and she looked down.

You can't change the past Shivaay” She told and he sighed.

I wish I could” He told guiltily.