Part 40 - A talk

“Shivaay what happened to Om? I saw him throwing paint over a completed portrait, somewhat angrily” Anika asked as they were going to bed and Shivaay sighed.

“He loved Gauri since a long time. He was about to take a chance in proposing her but then before that, I guess her boss proposed her” He told.

“Did you talk to him? He's visibly very depressed since yesterday. Go and sit with him for sometime” She told.

“I tried talking but then he's not saying anything. Usually we talk about anything and everything but I don't know why, he's hesitating in this topic” Shivaay told with a sigh.

“Should I try? I mean I'm not as close as you but may be, I can help”

“You come with me. Let's talk to him” She told holding his hand sensing his silence.

He sighed and got up from the couch before following her to Om's room. He was sure that Om won't open up easily but didn't want to make her disappointed by denying her.

“Om” Anika called knocking on the open door and Om raised his head from the canvas.

“Come in bhabhi. Why this formality and all” Om told with a faint smile and Anika walked inside with a smile.

“Are you busy?” She asked and Om shook his head with a faint smile.

“You told her everything isn't it?” Om asked looking at Shivaay and he sighed before nodding.

Anika sat beside Om while Shivaay sat on the other side.

“See Om, I don't know how to take lectures and all. What I know is, if your love is true, at the end, she'll come to you itself” She told.

“I don't know if you noticed. Shivaay never liked me in the starting of our marriage. He never even talked to me properly once but here we're now, deeply in love. It's all about time and patience. If someone else was in my place, your brother would have been dead by now. That girl would have killed him” She told and Om chuckled looking at Shivaay's frown.

“What I meant to say is, believe in your love and follow what your heart says. Everything will fall in it's place” She told with a smile.

“But she can never be mine bhabhi. She loves him, not me”

“Do you love her? Sincerely?”

“I have been in love with her since a long time. I went to Canada just because she works there and I have been trying to tell her ever since then but my fear always stopped me” Om told and Shivaay was genuinely surprised to see him opening up to Anika.

“If you love her so much, don't you think her happiness matters to you more?” Om nodded “There are two types of people, those who fight for other's love and snatch it from them if they lose in the fight. Then there are others who finds happiness in the other person's happiness. If Gauri's happiness is him, don't you think you should stay with her like a true friend?” Anika asked and Om nodded.

“The person who knows the pain of heartbreak more than anyone else is saying this. Wait for the right time. The perfect one will come finding you” Anika told with a smile and Shivaay looked surprised at the way Om smiled.

Om hugged Anika tightly before nodding.

“Wait! How did you do that?” Shivaay couldn't help but ask as they both parted from the hug.

“Magic!” Anika told her invisible collars and Om chuckled.

“I said the same thing sometime back but he didn't listen to that” Shivaay told and Anika dragged him out of the room chuckling saying she'll explain later.