Part 21 - A surprise

“Now carefully! Carefully” He told keeping his concentration fully on what he was doing.

Anika was standing in a corner looking at him with a smile or to say, her physical body was present there but she wasn't actually present there mentally. She was lost somewhere in some other world where only two people were there, him and her.

“Finally!” He told happily and turned to Anika.

“See!” He told pointing at the cutting board.

“Anika!!” He told shaking her and she looked around startled.

“What happened?” She asked and he pointed at the cutting board with a proud smile.

“I cut tomatoes without smashing! Look at those beautiful small pieces” He told and she looked at the side to see a small hill of smashed tomatoes.

“Shivaay!!”

“Practice makes man perfect. I made it perfect right?” He asked shrugging and she kept her hand on her forehead.

“Now what should I do with all those tomatoes?” She asked pointing at the smashed tomatoes and he thought for sometime.

“Idea!” He told and put all the tomatoes in the juicer along with a few mint leaves, green chillies and salt.

“How to switch this thing on?” He asked confused and she switched it on.

“You're drinking it yourself” She told and he nodded.

Once it was a juice, he poured it in a glass and squeezed a little lemon in it.

“Taste it” He told bringing the glass to her mouth and she recoiled back.

“Shivaay No! Are you planning to kill me?” She told moving back.

“Taste it Anika” He told walking towards her and she made a run to the room to save herself from him. He smiled a mischievous smile and rushed behind her.

“Anika wait! Taste this juice and go”

“I don't want any juice!” She shouted as she ran around the bed with him behind her with the glass of juice.

“Taste it once. Please?” He asked with a pout and she stopped running before looking at him.

“Are you sure this is edible?” She asked scared and he nodded.

“You drink first” She told and he gulped before taking a sip from it and made an amazing expression with his face. Well, it was nothing close to amazing.

She took the glass and kept it near her mouth before holding her nose and taking a sip. Forcing it down her throat, she looked at him for two seconds straight before running to the washroom.

That's when the door bell rang and he kept the juice on the table before walking to open the door. On opening the door, he came face to face with both his parents along with her parents.

“Surprise!” They told together.

“Really a surprise!” He told shocked and they chuckled.

“I'll kill you Shivaay! It's only because of you that I'm in this condition today. I don't even know how many times I vomited. If you touch me hereafter, I'll seriously cut your——” Anika who was blabbering all the way from room to hall stopped abruptly as Shivaay moved way from the door for her to see who was standing at their doorstep right in the morning.