Part 3 - Talking Things (b)

He went and stood beside her holding the railing as she simply stood there enjoying the faint breeze while looking at the moon. A few strands of her long straight hair touched him in the breeze along with the scent of her shampoo and body lotion.

“The restaurant was really nice” She told while still looking in front of her and he smiled.

“That's my favourite restaurant” He told and she turned to him. She had a small stroke of white powder on her forehead between her eyebrows making him confused.

Vibhuti She told and he raised his eyebrows.

“For positive energy. This spot between your eyebrows is said to have a major nerve and applying tika there prevents loss of energy. I'm a shiva devotee, so vibhuti She told and he nodded.

“You used to put this everyday?” He asked and she hummed.

“I didn't notice” He told and she chuckled.

“You're looking at my face properly for the first time today then how will you notice?” She asked and he sighed.

“How do you maintain this long hair?” He asked and she shrugged.

“I don't do anything actually. This grows on it's own. I'm lazy to go to parlor to trim it so it grew long. When I say it grew, trust me my hair grows too fast” She told and he looked at it.

“Why do you have to trim it? It's really very beautiful” He told and she raised her eyebrows.

“You like long hair?” She asked and he shrugged.

“Why don't you grow long hair?” She asked teasingly and he chuckled.

“I'm happy with my hair” He told making her chuckle.

“The flowers are beautiful by the way. I'm just noticing it now” He told and she smiled.

“You know, when you were busy with your laptop, I used to come and stand here. I wished each and everyday if you followed me and stood beside me like this. Then we talk like you did now but nothing ever happened. Every time I gave you coffee, I stood there for a few seconds looking at you, thinking you'll at least—— I was grown as a single child but I never felt the loneliness of not having a sibling. Mom and dad never made me feel alone but in these three months, I went through all the loneliness I haven't gone through in my whole life. You know—— She stopped as she felt tears rolling down her eyes and quickly wiped it.

“Anika I——”

“Let's sleep” She told and turned to walk when he held her wrist halting her steps while her breath hitched in her throat.

“Let me complete. I can do nothing to give those three months back to you but I'll try not to make you alone again” He told before leaving her wrist and she turned to him.

“Pinky promise?” She asked and he looked confused at her.

“What's that?”

“Show your pinky finger like this” She told raising her pinky finger in front of him and he did confused.

She intertwined the fingers together and smiled at him.

“Pinky promise” She told and he chuckled.

“Ok pinky promise” He told locking her finger between his.

She tried to take her finger out but he didn't leave it. Shaking her finger slightly, she looked at him through her eyelashes and as if realising, he left her finger. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear before turning to walk to the room smiling.