Part 2 - Talking things

She couldn't believe it was Shivaay who talked to her. Was she dreaming everything? How did life become so good in just one day? She smiled remembering how he waved good bye at her before walking out. How did she become so lucky all of a sudden?

Babita, their servant came in her usual time and was surprised to see Anika's ear to ear smile which was unusual of Anika who always had a forced smile on her face.

“What happened Anika? You're too happy today” Babita told and Anika smiled more.

“Nothing much babita di. Just like that. I'm happy” She told with a smile and Babita wriggled her eyebrows at her.

“I can understand everything” Babita told in a teasing voice and Anika looked confused at her.

“What?”

“I'm elder than you. I can understand the meaning of this smile” Babita told while taking the broom.

“I seriously can't understand what you're saying” She told confused and Babita whispered something in her ear making her eyes go wide.

“Chi!!! Nothing like that ok. You're such a cheapdi” She told shaking her head as her face turned red and Babita hummed teasingly as she continued cleaning.

Once the whole house was cleaned, Babita left after having lunch. It was their routine. Anika cleared the plates and went to the balcony before watering all the plants she grew since last three months with the help of Babita. They had a huge balcony and having nothing to do in that house other than cooking and studying, she decided to plant some flowers.

Contented with herself on seeing the little flower buds, she walked to the hall and plopped on the couch before pulling her hair to the front and making a braid out of her long hair as it was dry. She took her books and sat to study when the door bell rang.

“Who's it at this time?” She thought looking at the clock and walked to door before slightly opening it to see Shivaay standing there.

“You?” She asked surprised as she opened the door.

“Actually my office hours gets over at 4” He told with a sheepish smile and she looked at him with a sigh.

“What did you do till seven all these three months?”

“Simply sat there or did work until the building closed” He told and she nodded.

“You hated me so much” She told while walking back to the couch and he stopped on his track to look at her.

“If I knew my long speech would change you like this, I would have done that long back” She told chuckling and he took a deep breath.

“Your speech made me realise how cruel I was to you all these three months. I mean, you didn't do anything yet I punished you for no reasons. I just thought about myself and wallowed myself in self pity not even showing the sensitivity to ask you anything. Yesterday night, I couldn't sleep as realisations came to me one after the other. I mean even after everything I did, you did all your duties of a wife without any complains but I——” He ended with a deep sigh. She didn't know what to say after hearing everything

“It's ok” She told softly.

“It's not ok and it will never be ok” He told before going to the room to fresh up.

She sighed and went to the kitchen to make coffee for them both. Pouring the coffee in two cups, she was about to walk to the room when she saw him coming to the kitchen.