Part 36 - Ayansh and Ayana

Just excited to end the book ;-)

*

Anika sat down in front of the holy fire with the babies in her arms while Priyanka sat beside her as the paternal aunt usually names the newborn in their culture.

The panditji chanted the the holy words while instructing Anika what to do. She did everything carefully and finally it was time for Priyanka to say the name.

“Ayansh and Ayana” Priyanka told with a smile and Anika turned to look at Shivaay. Without any words, they told each other that they liked the names.

The remaining rituals were done and finally the naming ceremony was completed on a happy note.

“Only Ayana was my selection. Ayansh was our Shayar's creation” Priyanka told looking at Om when asked how did she get such perfectly matching names.

“We'll call her Anu and him Ansh” Anika told with a smile and everyone agreed with smiles.

*

He looked on as she was trying to make the babies sleep while humming some time but instead of sleeping they were simply looking at her with wide open eyes. The time was about one in the night but the babies had no plans to sleep.

“Didn't you feed them?” He asked and she nodded while still rocking the babies in her arms.

Twins were looked upon as cute by everyone but only the parents know how tiresome it is to look after two babies at a time. When one sleeps, the other cries waking up the asleep one. Somehow if the other sleeps, the awaken one cries and the cycle continues. The only relief Anika had was that Shivaay had learnt enough patience over months. If it was the old Shivaay who would throw phones and plates for every silly thing, she would have had a tough time to deal with everything.

“They don't have any plans to sleep” He told chuckling and she sighed.

“Trying causes no harm” She told and he nodded before concentrating back on the file in his hand.

“There was no problem from hospital. Ever since we came here, they aren't sleeping at night” She told tiredly and he closed the file before walking to her.

“Are you tired?” He asked and she kept her head on his chest.

“Babies rarely sleep at night until four or five months” He told and she sighed.

“I know! Is your work is over?” She asked and he shook his head.

“I want to sit with you” He told keeping his head on her shoulder and she smiled.

“How many pending files are left Shivaay?” She asked and he made an irritated face. It was not that he wanted to check all those files but he had to.

“That whole bundle is left! I don't want to do this work” He told pointing at the bundle of files on the table that he had to check and she chuckled.

“Laziness is harmful for health” She told and he frowned before taking the baby from one of her hands.

“The same Anika-wala glare” He told chuckling seeing Ayana looking at him with eyes wide open and she pushed him slightly with the side of her arm.

The baby started crying and he turned to look at Anika.

“My daughter is there to ask if you physically assault me like this” He told while rocking Ayana in his arms.