Part 24 - Who called?

A/N: Ok... Let me take a moment to thank someone who taught me to reply to every single comment, small or big. My old readers might be knowing I never replied to any comments saying I'm busy while I updated regularly. This person actually didn't tell me anything but I took her as an inspiration in this case. She's one of my readers too. I have been thinking of doing this since a long time but finally got the courage to tell it. Not telling who's it for the time being but you can guess. I'll say yes or no 🙈 those who closely observe me might know who is it :-D

*

She could go on forever looking at him sleep. With a shy smile, she pulled the duvet till his neck and got down the bed when she heard his phone ringing. Rushing to it, she took it and attended the call before he could wake up hearing the ring.

“Hello” She whispered while walking out with the phone.

Bhabhi? Why are you whispering?” Priyanka asked from the other side.

“Shivaay was sleeping in the room. Now I'm in the hall” Anika told smiling as she sat on the couch while removing the towel from her wet hair.

“Bhaiyya is sleeping? So early” Priyanka told and Anika looked at the time to see that it was just seven in the evening.

“Woh——he was tired” She stammered and Priyanka hummed.

“I called bhaiyya to tell something but it's ok. I'll call later”

“Oh——I'll ask him to call you back when he wakes up”

“Bhabhi——I'm sorry actually”

“Sorry? Why?” Anika asked surprised.

“It was my friend who called bhaiyya sometime back” To say Anika was shocked would be an understatement.

“B-but why?”

“We were all here for a friend's party. I had told them about your love story and that love after marriage was better. They wanted to hear it from bhaiyya. In that state of mind, I gave his number to them. I didn't know that you would be with him or that idiot would say she is his girlfriend. I have been guilty every since then. It's now that I got the courage to call Bhaiyya. Do you know, I haven't slept till now” At the end, her voice cracked.

Anika stayed silent for a while.

Bhabhi I'm so sorry” She told crying.

“Prinku, nothing happened here for you to cry like this”

“But still bhabhi, I shouldn't have done that”

Because of that, I came to know two things. One, your brother respects marriage a lot. Two, he loves me more than that. I didn't take that call or caller seriously so you don't need to be guilty” She told with a smile.

“Really?”

“Really! Now wipe those tears and smile”

“Seriously everything is fine right?”

“Everything is fine. If a girl calls like that and says some nonsense, do you think I'll doubt him?” Anika asked and Priyanka smiled relieved.

They talked for sometime and hanged the call while Anika smiled shaking her head. She got up from the couch and walked to the room before standing in front of the mirror.

Taking the vermilion, she was about to line her hairline when she saw the red spot on her neck. Smiling, she caressed it with her fingers and turned to look at the responsible person who was sleeping all innocently.