Part 42 - A helping hand

She wiped her tears furiously as she wrote whatever she felt like in the paper.

He slowly sat beside her with a plate of food and she continued writing without giving him a glance.

“You haven't eaten anything” He told and she increased her speed on writing while giving more pressure to the paper.

“Anika” No response!

“Anika look at me” No response!

“Ok enough of writing” He told taking the pen from her hold and she frowned.

“I have to submit this tomorrow or I'll be out of the class. Better give me the pen” She told angrily and he kept the plate on the table before turning her chair towards him.

“I know your pressures. Cardiology is hard and it might be difficult for you along with kids. You're already doing a lot of hardwork, I know——”

“You know everything yet you shout at me” She told with tears rolling down her eyes.

“When I see you exerting yourself like this, I lose my patience. I can't see you like this Anika. Without sleeping or eating anything——” She wiped his tears with her fingers.

“I'm sorry. I won't do that again”

“You said this last time when we fought too. You promised me” He told and she looked away.

“Shivaay, I'm trying to balance everything but I'm not able to do that. I know everyone are here but don't you know, all I get is few hours with them everyday and I want to make the most out of it. If Anu wants me to read stories for her, Ansh wants me to sing. If Ansh wants to play with blocks, Anu wants cars and I'm the only one mom they have. In between all these, I can't think about food or sleep or even studies. After they sleep at 8 is the time I get to do all the works. I get to sit with you at that time too. When I come near you, you scold me for not eating and sleeping” She told crying and he rubbed her palms.

“I know Anika” He told and she looked at him with tear stained face.

“Then why do you scold me everytime. How happily did I come and sat near you today?” She asked and he held his ears.

“Instead of that happiness, I saw the eyebags and your tired eyes. I lost my control” He told and she pouted.

“I'm sorry. I can't promise it won't happen again but I'll try to sleep properly” She told and he nodded.

He took the plate from the table before tearing a piece of roti and dipping it in the masala. When he kept it near her mouth, she bit his finger along with the roti making him hiss. She looked at him with a mischievous smile and he chuckled.

“I know from where Anu got this habit from” He told and she shrugged.

After finishing the food, Shivaay went to the keep the plate away while she continued writing, this time with a smile on her face. He returned back and sat beside her.

“Is there a lot?” He asked while looking at the clock.

“Hmm” She told while writing.

“Anyway I'm not sleepy. Give me a few papers. I'll help” He told and she turned to look at him.

“Seriously?”

“If handwriting is not a problem”

“Aww! It's ok. You go and sleep. I'll finish this and come”