Part 14 - Kitchen Adventures

He walked to the kitchen yawning only to see her dancing merrily, singing a song while stirring something in the pan. Standing at the door, he looked at her with wide eyes.

“Yeh ladi pagal hai pagal hai pagal hai” She sang as she turned around “Yeh ladki——” she stood there shocked with the spatula in one hand raised in air, her eyes wide.

Pagal hai?” He asked and she smiled embarrassed.

She turned with closed eyes. Her breath hitched in her throat as he stood behind her and sliding hand across her waist without touching her, took the cup of coffee which was on the counter. She held her breath as he walked out of the kitchen sipping the coffee.

“That's mine” She told turning to him.

“You're also mine right?” He asked as he walked inside the room and her heart skipped a beat.

“What?” She whispered to herself.

She shrugged and turned to pan.

“I'm not his” She told with a frown while stirring in the pan but smiled.

“Sounds good! Shivaay ki Anika” She told with a wide smile.

“Like Shiv ki Parvati right?” He asked from behind and her eyes turned round like soccer ball in shock.

“When did you come?” She asked without turning.

“I came thirty years back”

“Haha great joke. Loved it”

“I told you to not to step down the bed right?” He asked with a frown and she pouted.

“I was hungry and you were sleeping” She told making her best possible puppy eyes and he looked at her with arms crossed across his chest.

“I had the tablets before food also. Happy?” She asked and he smiled before raising her off her feet and making her sit on the counter.

“Sit here and tell me what to do. I'll do” He told and she sighed.

“Do I have any other option?”

“No” He told as he took the spatula from her.

“Ok then add that potato in it” She told and he nodded before putting the potato in it.

“Are you sure this won't blast? I have doubts” He told and she burst out laughing looking at his face.

“Keep stirring” She told and he did standing 10 cm away from the pan.

.

.

.

“Here you go” He told serving whatever he made in a plate.

“Should I call ambulance for safety?”

“I did whatever you told. Now anything happens to you is completely upon you. I have nothing to do with it” He told and she chuckled.

“This is just the Alu masala. Now who will make the puri?”

“Me?” He asked horrified and she nodded.

“You told you'll do everything right? Do this also” She told.

.

.