Part 27 - His worries

She went and sat beside him with a smile as he was sitting there looking at nothing particular. Ever since she saw the foetus in the ultra sound scanner, she was thrilled but that was not his condition. His smile or his words never reached his eyes and she had noticed it.

“Shivaay” She told holding his arm and he turned to her with a faint smile.

“I know you're not ready for a baby or responsibility now. Even I'm not” She told and he sighed.

“I'm ready or not is not important here. All that matters is your happiness” He told side hugging her while she kept her head on his shoulder.

“I know you're worried about my studies. In this condition I can't join the university. I know I got placement but what to do. God had some other plan. But you don't worry. I won't sit here idly thinking I'm pregnant. I had a second plan in case I didn't clear the entrance. I mean I have the licence to work now——”

“Won't it be stressful for you?” He asked worried and she smiled.

“I'll be fine”

“Tell me. Didn't you want a baby?” She asked looking at him.

“Honestly I didn't want a baby so soon but then I don't feel anything major now——” He chuckled “I was thinking if the baby would be girl or boy looking at that sonogram. Didn't it look like a girl?” He asked and she burst out laughing.

“That small round figure looked like a girl for you?” She asked chuckling and he smiled sheepishly.

“Wait! You changed topic” She told frowning and he looked away.

“Shivaay” She told holding his face.

“What's bothering you?”

“It's nothing Anika. I'm fine”

“Do you think I'll believe it?”

“You should. You have no other option”

She took his hand and kept it on top of her head.

“Say it now” She told and his hand shivered slightly.

“Why are you making it difficult for me?” He asked and she shrugged.

“It was all so sudden” He told and she nodded.

“I didn't even think about being a father. A baby is a responsibility and I don't know if I'm yet ready for it. I'm scared to even hold a baby. Do you know that? I almost dropped Prinku on the floor. She was just three months and since then I haven't held a baby fearing I'll drop it” He told and she nodded again.

“Mom almost killed me. Choti ma saved me from her that day. It was only because of the pillow on the floor that nothing happened to her otherwise today...” He trailed off.

“What if I drop our baby like that?” He asked and she smiled.

“That is why you're tensed?”

“The main tension is facing your mom and dad. They'll kill me” He told and she burst out laughing.

“For getting me pregnant? You're saying as if you're my boyfriend who got me pregnant before marriage” She told chuckling.

“It's a joke for you?” He asked and she kept finger on her lips stifling her laugh.

“I just spoilt their only daughter's life so they'll surely kill me. I'm cent percent sure” He told and she frowned.