Part 23 - A call in the rain

“Good afternoon” She told with a smile looking at the receptionist who didn't give a second glance to her.

“Yes, how may I help you?” The receptionist asked looking at her through her eyelashes.

“Which floor is Shivaay's cabin?” She asked and the receptionist raised her head to look at Anika finally.

“Sorry?”

“Shivaay's cabin” Anika clarified confused.

“Which Shivaay?”

“There are other Shivaay's working here too? I thought Shivaay is a rare name” Anika thought confused.

“Shivaay Singh Oberoi” She told and the receptionist looked at her from top to bottom once again.

“Do you have appointment to meet sir?”

“Uhm. No? Is that necessary?” She asked and the receptionist nodded with a frown.

“How do I get it now?” She asked confused as she cursed herself in her mind for wearing the off-shoulder top and standing directly in front of the air conditioner.

“One second” The receptionist told before calling someone while Anika looked around.

“Who wants to meet sir?” Moments later, another woman walked to them and Anika smiled at her as a matter of habit.

“Who are you? Why do you want to meet sir?”

“It's personal. If you tell me where's his cabin, I'll go and meet him myself” Anika told as the two women looked at each other.

“Very sorry”

“Why sorry?”

“Unless we know who you are or what's your motive, we can't send you inside. Security reasons” Anika controlled her chuckle as she nodded. She was enjoying this a lot.

Oh I understand. Can I make a call? Please?” She asked and the receptionist nodded with a frown.

She took the landline and dialled his number.

“Shivaay Singh Oberoi speaking”

“Anika Shivaay Singh Oberoi speaking” She told with a smile making Shivaay gasp audibly.

“Where are you?”

“Here in your office”

“God! Two seconds. Wait there. I'm coming” He told before hanging the call and she smiled.

She smiled looking at the two women murmuring something amongst themselves. Since Anika had spoken in hushed voice, they didn't really hear much.

“What's going on here?” Shivaay asked and Anika smiled at him.

“Sir, this woman wanted to meet you but then without knowing the reason...” She trailed off and Shivaay turned to look at Anika who had a sheepish smile on her face.

“Why do you want to know the reason for my wife meeting me?” He asked looking at them with a frown.

The two women looked at him and then at Anika with shocked faces.

“Sorry sir. We didn't know” One of them told quickly.

“I didn't tell them Shivaay” She told as he was all ready to shout at them. He looked at her as she tried her best to make puppy face.