Part 16 - Happy Birthday

Haven't replied to any comments. I know but then I'm in mood to publish something and I don't have such moods every time. Will reply soon. Lots of love to everyone ❤️

*

She walked two steps back and looked at the bed with a smile. She had tried quite hard to decorate it well. It would be a huge surprise for him seeing the room. Mahaan forgot his own birthday and went for work in the morning. It was only after she called Jhanvi in the morning that she came to know it was his birthday.

“Shivaay is going to be really surprised” She told happily and looked at the clock.

“Oh no! My cake” She told with wide eyes before running to the kitchen.

She took the cake out of the oven and breathed a sigh of relief seeing it wasn't burnt. Smiling, she kept it on the table and checked if it was baked enough.

“While this cools down, I'll go and get ready” She told before rushing to the room.

She took quite some time to get ready as she smiled timely looking at her reflection in the mirror. Walking back to the kitchen, she did the icing and a few decoration before keeping it in the fridge.

He was late and she was disappointed as, usually he used to be there at the correct time. The door bell rang and she smiled widely as she rushed to open the door.

“Sh——what happened?” She asked abruptly seeing his red face. From what she saw, she knew he was more than necessarily angry.

He walked inside without saying anything and she followed him to the couch. She touched his shoulder in an attempt to know what was bothering him and he raised his head to look at her.

“What h-happened Shivaay?” She asked in shaking voice.

“What do you want to know? What the hell do you want to know?” He shouted angrily and she stepped back as her face paled.

“Sh——”

“Guess what? I don't want to say. What will you do? WHAT WILL YOU DO?” He asked angrily and she shook her head as she looked down.

“I——I was j-just asking you” She told softly.

“What will you do if I don't answer? Huh? Who are you?” He shouted and her body shook with the sudden shout.

“Why do you come and disturb me every single time?” His eyes spitted fire and she raised her head to look at him.

“Disturb?” She whispered to herself as she tried to hold back her tears.

“You know what, just——just go! Go somewhere! I don't want to see your face” He shouted and she nodded before slowly walking to the other room and closing the door.

She fell on the floor as she felt her strength going away from her. Holding her knees close to her chest, she looked at the plane wall blankly for time unknown to her until the door opened and he rushed to her before kneeling down beside her.

“Anika” He called shaking her and she turned to look at him, tears rolling down her eyes.

“Anika I'm sorry. I'm really very sorry. Office pressure and then losing that deal, I didn't know——Anika say something. I'm sorry” He pleaded and she kept looking at him.

She smiled faintly and got up from the floor before walking to the kitchen. He followed her as she took the cake from the fridge and gave it to him. His eyes widened seeing the wish written on the cake.

“H-happy birthday” She told as her voice cracked and he felt his heart breaking with that voice.

“I——I won't show my face to you again. I—I'm sorry” She whispered as her throat constricted inside her neck.

“Ani——” He was about to hold her shoulder when she shook her head and walked out of the kitchen.

“Urghh! I spoilt everything” He told to himself before keeping the cake on the table and rushed to the bedroom.

She was on the bed, sleeping on her side as he walked to her side. On seeing him, she closed her eyes and he sighed.

“Anika listen to me please” He told but she turned to the other side.

“Anika please” Seeing no response from her side, he sighed and walked to the couch, his heart aching. May be this was what she felt when he ignored her.

*

“Good morning” He told with a smile as he walked inside the kitchen but she avoided him as if he wasn't present near her.

He walked to her and hugged her from behind as he knew she won't be able to resist that. She took his arm from her waist and turned to him as she gave him a not so good look before turning back to what she was doing.

She took two plates and served whatever she made, then kept his plate there and walked to the dining room with her plate. He closed his eyes before taking his plate and following her to the dining room.

“Anika” He called helplessly as she ate the food without giving him a second glance.

He tried to hold her hand but she took her hand back before he could hold it. With a sigh, he pushed the plate and got up from the chair to go when as expected, she held his wrist. He turned to her happily only to see her looking at him with the anger that was enough to burn him into ashes. Gulping, he slowly sat on the chair and ate silently while stealing glances at her.

She got up to go but he held her wrist and looked at her with pleading eyes. Looking at him with a piercing glance, she took his grip from her wrist before walking to the kitchen taking her plate. That very moment, he felt his whole world crashing in front of him. Her accusing glance was piercing the walls of his heart as he felt everything he ate, stuck in his throat without going forward.

He walked to the door and turned once to see if she would come to send him off as usually but she didn't. Sighing, he opened the door and turned to look once again but she wasn't anywhere to be seen. Closing his eyes tightly and taking a deep breath, he walked out after closing the door behind him.

She peeked out from the kitchen as she wiped her tears. Making sure he had gone, she walked to the door and locked it.

“I'm not a saint to forgive you every single time Shivaay. I'm a human too. I do have emotions. How happy was I yesterday? We should have cut the cake and celebrated right? At the end of all the celebrations, wasn't I ready to be all yours? Wasn't I ready to be your wife in all senses? But what did you do Shivaay? You killed me. You practically killed me” She told to herself as she sat on the floor with the support of the door. Her heart ached worse than what she felt when her parents caught her first and and most loyal relationship with her boyfriend. She swore to herself that day that she won't hurt her parents for anything in this world and broke up with the guy. It pained her heart more than she expected and thought it was the worst pain but no, Shivaay proved to her that, that pain was nothing in front of what he gave her.

••|To Be Continued|••

A/N: So what's your opinion about whatever happened? ;-)