Part 11 - Lazy Him

“Shivaay!! Come here quickly” Hearing her voice, he kept the hairbrush on the table before walking to the balcony.

“What happened?”

“See this” She told pointing at the fully bloomed red rose.

“Woah! That's beautiful” He told kneeling down beside her and she nodded with a wide smile.

“Every since I planted this, this plant never got a flower. This is the first time” She told with a wide smile.

She was busy admiring the flower when he took his mobile and clicked a photo of her. She turned to him surprised.

“Why did you take my photo?”

“Simply” He told while clicking on something in his mobile.

“What are you doing?” She asked trying to look at his mobile but he kept it away with a sheepish smile.

She shrugged and turned her head to look at the flower with a smile when she remembered something.

She opened her palm where she had held her mangalsutra. Turning to him, she showed her palm to him.

“Can you make me wear this?” She asked softly.

“You usually wear it yourself right?” He asked as his heart pained remembering about the day he made her wear it with so much hate in his mind.

“Whenever I see this on my neck, I can only remember your angry face. Will you do it with a smile today?” She asked and he sighed.

His hands shivered as he held it. All those moments he hated to remember, passed in front of his eyes as he remembered himself holding the mangalsutra in his hand in a similar way in front of her. His mind was filled with hate and anger then.

“It's fine. I'll wear it myself” She told sadly as she took the mangalsutra from him and walked back to the room.

He followed her to the room to see her standing in front of the mirror. Standing behind her, he held the hook of the mangalsutra from her hand making her surprised. He hooked it properly before looking at her through the mirror.

Holding her shoulders, he turned her to him.

“Why did you say yes? Didn't I do everything I could to make you say No?” He asked tiredly and she smiled.

“As I told you, I like cracking tough nuts. I so wanted to stop this marriage, the moment you showed your attitude towards me but then something in me told me to go forward and I always follow what my heart says. What if it was bitter at the start, now the sweetness is enough to give me high diabetes” She told with a smile while he simply looked at her. She wasn't lying when she told she don't hold grudges. If she did, he would be on the top of her enemy list.

She took the pot of vermilion from the table and opened the lid in front of him. He smiled faintly before taking a pinch of it between his fingers.

“Our real marriage actually happened today” He told as he lined her partition with the vermilion making her chuckle.

“So we were dating all these while?” She asked and he nodded as moved a step back to look at her.

“Perfect!” He told with a smile and she looked down with a blushy smile.

“I seriously can't believe you didn't date anyone other than that school crush of yours”

“Why?”

“Tell me the truth. No one ever proposed you?” He asked and she smiled.

“I never said that”

“So that's a yes. You never found anyone eligible amongst those people?”

“There were a few”

“Who were they?”

“Why do you want to know Shivaay?” She asked with arms crossed against her chest.

“Curiosity”

“Eligible ones were there but I told you, I didn't have time. I know how it is to be in a relationship. Phone calls, late night texts, walking around bunking classes and I seriously didn't have time for all those” She told shrugging.

“You got your answer. Now go or else you'll get late” She told pointing at the clock and he frowned.

“I don't want to go. That stupid place is so boring. Nothing will happen if I don't go for a day” He told and she chuckled.

“And what will you do if you stay here today?”

“It was marriage today right. We didn't celebrate our suhagraat” He told as he held her waist and pulled her closer to him.

“Chi!! Go! You're not staying here” She told while moving out of his arms and pushing him out of the room.

“I don't want to go” He whined as she pushed him till the door. She opened the door and pointed her finger out.

“At least let me get my blazer” He told chuckling.

“Stand here. I'll get it” She told and rushed to the room.

“Take this and go now” She told in a scolding tone and he pointed at the door.

“Where's the key? How will I go?” He asked innocently.

“Haww! Where's the key?” She asked narrowing her eyes, both her hands on her waist.

“I don't know” He told shrugging.

“Shivaay don't play games. Go!” She told and he twisted his mouth before taking the key from his pocket and opening the door making her smile faintly.

“Bye” She told holding the door as he walked out.

“Wait! I forgot to tell you something” He told pushing her inside and pinning her to the wall making her eyes go wide.

“Shivaay——” Before she could complete, he kissed her cheek before quickly walking out leaving her dumbfounded.

“What is he upto? Give me a heart failure?” She asked to herself as she slightly caressed her cheek with a blushy smile on her face.

She was about to lock the door when the door opened and he stood there with a sheepish smile.

“Now what?”

“I forgot my mobile” He told and she rolled her eyes as he rushed to the room to get his mobile.

“Did you forget anything else?” She asked and he thought for sometime.

“Ya, I actually did. Good you reminded” He told before kissing her other cheek.

“Vida de pranpriya” He told with a sheepish smile before walking out making her chuckle.

Shaking her head, she closed the door before standing there supporting the door. She was about to walk to the room when there was a knock on the door. Sighing, she opened the door to see him standing there.

“What now?” She asked irritated and he smiled sheepishly.

“I would be the first husband in this world to not have his wife's phone number” He told with a childish pout and she chuckled before telling her number to him.

“Now really bye” He told before rushing making her chuckle.

••|To Be Continued|••