Part 28 - A regular check up day

We'll be going a bit fast from here. Since the book is not about pregnancy track, I'm just going to show the main events. Fasten your seatbelts and sit tight. Here we go.

*

He smiled thinking about the last one month of his life. She practically killed him with all the mood swings and cravings but everything held an unknown sweetness that he silently enjoyed. Everyone who told him, having a baby early would decrease the love between them, were proven wrong. It only increased each day.

Introducing everything to both the parents were simpler than he thought. Gladly Anika's mom and dad didn't kill him was a relieving factor for him.

“Swami I'm ready” She told snapping her fingers in front of him.

“How am I looking?” She asked with a smile.

“Just how a queen should look” He told and she frowned.

“Which queen?” She asked frowning and he gulped. Expect the unexpected! A lesson he learnt ever since they came to know about her pregnancy.

“The queen of my heart” He told and she smiled making him relieved.

“Let's go” She told holding his hand and he nodded.

“Are you sure you won't trip wearing this saree?” He asked and she looked at the saree confused.

“I don't know” She told shrugging.

“Why did you wear saree by the way?”

“Why? You don't like me in saree?” She asked as she stopped walking and he widened his eyes.

“Who told that? My jaan looks the prettiest in saree” He told and she smiled.

“Really?”

“Do you have any doubt?” He asked and she shook her head.

“Shivaay, can you ask the doctor to show me the baby once again? You tell her you want to see. If I ask, she'll think I'm a fake doctor or something” She told and he controlled his urge to laugh. Mood swings sometimes affected her brain and made her think very childishly.

“And why so?”

“Because ultrasound should only be done twice. I want to see the baby” She told with pout and he smiled.

“I will ask”

“Don't tell my name”

“Alright” He told and she frowned looking at the steps in front of her.

“This is why I told I'm not coming with you” She told pouting as he never allowed her to enter the lift saying that getting down the stairs was healthy for her and the baby.

“Jaan——”

“I know I know. This is healthy for me and baby. You told this many times” She looked down at her little protruding tummy “Come out healthy! I'm going through this torture, just for you” She told and he smiled.

“Careful” He told and she looked at him.

“Even if I'm not careful, I know you have held me tightly. I won't fall” She told making him smile.

“While coming back, I want ice cream”

“And?”

“Mango” She told with a sheepish smile.