fools | todoroki

pairing: todoroki shouto x fem!reader

warnings: literally pure fluff

word count: 4,021

a/n: I had the idea for this fic because I was doing a fun all-nighter in preparation for my ochem lab final today, and a song played during my morning hysteria called Fools by Lauren Aquilia, and well this idea was born. enjoy! :D also sorry for the heavy shouto content recently, i'll be moving on to other characters LMAO

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

There was something strange about being in love with someone when you didn't recognize it.

Lingering gazes, soft laughter, and hesitant touches.

You were in love with Todoroki Shouto and there was nothing you could do about it. The way your heart hammered whenever you looked at him. The way he smiled when he looked at you took your breath away. The way he always seemed to wait specifically for you made your cheeks grow warm.

There was that time he forgot to bring an umbrella, and you couldn't find yours, so you took on the pouring rain together. Shouto had his jacket lifted over both of your heads, as you both took down the road running.

His jacket over your heads was practically obsolete. The fat water drops kept hammering down on your bodies, soaking through your shirts and making the fabric cling to your bodies. Your laughter echoed through the air as people watched the two of you running by, their smiles widening as they observed your interactions. You were laughing so hard that your stomach hurt and tears were forming in your eyes. You missed the way he looked at you, his grin growing with every second as you finally stumbled into the train station.

Wet uniforms, wet hair, and bubbling laughter.

It was at that moment you realized how deep your feelings for Shouto were. It wasn't something passable, and the way he grabbed your cold fingers to keep them warm made you freeze. His cheeks were still pinched into a smile as yours fell from your face, your heart hammering away as suddenly your skin felt like it was on fire.

His fragrance overwhelmed your senses suddenly, the deep earthy tones making your head lull as your laughter stopped. His eyes locked on yours suddenly, and you froze as the air felt magnetized. Your nerves were firing away, tingles and shivers flying through your body as his lips pursed. His tongue poked out from his mouth, licking his lips in nervous anticipation, and you watched with excited horror as he leaned in.

His hand still clutched yours, and you found yourself leaning in as well. Your eyes fluttering closed as you rose to your tiptoes.

"Y/L/N-CHAN! TODOROKI-KUN!" A voice that sounded like Mina shouted, and quickly the two of you shot apart.

The static in the air was gone.

"I have your umbrella! I grabbed it by mistake!" Mina laughed as she presented you with a clear umbrella in her hand.

"Thanks, Mina," you sigh and take it.

"Was I interrupting something?" Mina asks although the tone in her voice states she's perfectly aware of what she interrupted.

Do you confess?

Do you take that risk?

"Todoroki-kun had something on his face," you mumble and Shouto immediately agreed with you.

So began the weird romance between the two of you.

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

"Todoroki and y/l/n, you're partners!" Midnight exclaimed as she looked up from her clipboard.