happiness {pt 2} | todoroki

pairing: todoroki shouto x reader

warning: cussing. soulmate!au

word count: 4,060

a/n: here's ~

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

bravado: (n) a bold manner or a show of boldness intended to impress or intimidate.

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

"Can we talk?"

You drove ahead ignoring the voice that seemed to be a constant nag in your life. Your eyes focused straight ahead as you gripped your case in your hands.

Cold. Unmoving. Stubborn.

You refused to give Todoroki your time of day as the both of you were called in for what would be the last time as Hero Work students.

"Y/n, come on," His voice pleads slightly. It was a tone that you would never have expected to hear from Todoroki of all people, but you didn't care. You didn't want to hear it from him. "You can't ignore me forever you know."

You're fed up.

Turning on your heel, you glare at your soulmate who had been walking at your heels. His eyes widening as your eyes locked with him.

"I told you not to fucking talk to me." You seethe lowly. Todoroki didn't speak as you licked your lips, your mouth feeling dry. "You agreed that night not to talk to me. I am letting you and Yaomomo live the rest of your lives fucking happy together, and you're telling me that you want to talk?" You shake your head in disbelief as a cold chuckle escapes your lips. "Should I make my name turn gold on your wrist and forever hold your name in black? Is that what you fucking want Todoroki?!"

Your tone becomes too hurt, your true emotions bubbling to the surface. "I get it I'm not Yaoyorozu Momo! I don't have money, status, and I don't fucking have your heart! Stop trying to make yourself feel less guilty because guess fucking what! If you feel guilty? If you feel sorry for me?!"

Your chest is flying in a horrible rhythm as Todoroki just stares at you. His voice fails him, but you're not quite done yet. You step closer to him, your finger jabbing against his chest as your eyes squint, your voice an almost growl, "I don't want you to fucking apologize! I want the guilt to eat you alive. I want you to drown in your thoughts like I drowned in mine." Angry and bitter tears welled in your eyes, and yet they refused to fall. "I deserve so much better than some shitty soulmate the universe chose for me. I hope you're happy." You smile.

Your cheeks are stiff, your lips are too tight.

"Just forget I exist."

Even though you were searching for happiness, you still didn't have it.

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

Seven Months Later

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

Morning routines were now a must for you.

First, you wake up and remove any ice packs and heat pads from any sore muscles. Second, you climb out of bed, your arms stretching well above your head as moans leave your mouth. Third, you removed the wristband that lay permanently on your left wrist at home. You walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind you as you turned on the light. Your eyes focusing on your reflection as you get ready for the day. Hair up, wash your face, brush your teeth, and use the restroom. You stepped back out as you grabbed a tube of foundation, and you looked down at your wrist.