memories | todoroki

Shouto loses his memories, and you can't do anything but watch as your world falls apart.

⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆

pairing: todoroki shouto x reader

warning: angst, fluff, cursing

word count: 8,459

a/n: so, I promised i had an amazing idea for an angsty angst, and this is it. I really don't know how to outdo this. good luck, I cried while writing it :) also italics means its a memory

message to join tag list

⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆

"You need to get here now."

There were moments in life where things felt like time had slowed down. Moments where you felt like you were moving at an average pace, and yet nothing else was keeping up with you. As a hero, you had these moments on the field, these moments had saved your life countless times, and it was all apart of the adrenaline corroding your veins, but you never experienced it outside the fact. There was no horror when a villain was shooting at you a hundred miles a second, but those words sent ice down your back. Those words held nothing but fear, worry, and pity.

The landline phone dropped from your hands, and it fell in slow motion, your hands grabbing your things, and the door slamming closed behind you. There was nothing but a clattering silence of the phone on the floor and the shuddering door when you left.

The house you left would never be the same, your home would never be the same.

⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆⋄⋆⊹⋄⋆

"Where is he?!"

Sweat poured down your face, your chest hammering when you entered the waiting room. You hadn't asked where the room was, or where he was, the call had told you that they were waiting on the eighth floor, ignoring the yells of the nurses you clamored up the stairs like an animal.

There were so many people, people you recognized, people you didn't, but they were all here for him. It was evident in what they wore, in how they gave you the most regretful look. Your throat tightened, your head shaking when Midoriya approached you.

"He's in the OR right now," he says calmly, a soft smile on his face, but you know Midoriya too well. You see how the smile doesn't light up his green eyes, nor does his voice speak with his usual tone. This was his hero's voice, the voice he used to calm down victims who had just gone through trauma. "We got here just in time."

"Don't bullshit me," you whisper, your body quivering. Fear was consuming you, making you unhinged, and ready to attack. "What happened to Shouto?"

With a gentle push, Midoriya sat you down on a leather chair, and he slowly explained what had happened.

Severe head trauma. A villain with a quirk that could manipulate the brain's functionality had attacked Midoriya, Bakugou, and Shouto with the intent to destroy the hero lifestyle. They hadn't seen a civilian, and the villain took it to his advantage. Shouto had intercepted what should have been a life-ending attack, and now you were sitting in a waiting room with a blanket on your lap that provided no warmth waiting for the OR light to turn off. He needed to live, he had to live.

One hour of waiting turned into twelve hours.

It was now four in the morning, and everyone in the waiting room had fallen asleep. Fuyumi, who had shown up shortly after her school was out, was leaning her head on your shoulder as she slept. You hadn't eaten in that time, the water bottle in your hand barely touched, and your eyes concentrated on the light, unblinking, unmoving.