because of you | todoroki

todoroki shouto x fem!reader

warnings: :')

word count: 1,820

a/n: so....... I felt like I needed to write something other than smut..... so, we back on my todoroki shouto loving bullshit!!!!!!! please enjoy this, I love this so much!!!!!! this was also a request by an anon:)

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

"If I know what love is, it is because of you, y/n."

Shouto shares those words, his heart hammering away as he stared at your face. His lips pressing together as he stared at the audience in front of him. They were expecting a heart-moving speech. They were expecting words that would resonate within them for ages. They wanted to cry with him, and they wanted to feel his heart, his love for you. Camera's were on him, his fingers shaking as he looked at his prepared speech. Words he's looked at millions of times. It's thick in his throat, tears forming in his eyes as he still smiles. There's noise within the crowd, and Shouto sighs, looking over at you. His will steeling over as he stares back out into the crowd.

You are his world, his everything, the reason why he smiles. You are the reason why even after his life shrouded with hate, with darkness. He stands with a kind perspective.

"If you don't know anything about y/n, I can summarize her essence in a single story."

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

"Do we really need to go out on patrol?" You sigh from the bed. Your hair is messy, falling chaotically in your face as Shouto dresses for the day. "We're going to be out there with Deku and Bakugou, I think we can call it off for today!"

Shouto glances over at you, a chuckle on his lips as he shakes his head. "They're covering the north, we have the south."

"They are all weirdly territorial, I am positive if I piss off Bakugou enough, and edge-on Deku they'll take over for us!" You moan as Shouto walks over to you, his costume fastened completely. A stark difference to your pajama-clad state. He sits on the bed next to you, a smile on his face.

"I'm sure that would work, and while I think there is nothing better than staying in bed with you, we have to go." Shouto sighs, his hands brushing your hair away. You pout, but he watches on amused as you climb onto his lap. Your head leans against his chest.

"I know," You mumble as Shouto wraps his arms around you, and the two of you fall silent. "I demand all the cuddles in the damn world as soon as we're done."

"Of course, my love." Shouto agrees, and a defeated noise escapes your throat as you slip off his lap. "I love you." He says cheekily, and you flip him off. Your hands grabbing your discarded costume on the floor and slipping it on.

Shouto can't keep his eyes off of you as you change. Your form was alluring and beautiful as you finish up.

"Alright, Todoroki, let's go!" You bark, turning on your heel and walking off. You moved as if he was the one making the two of you late. Even so, Shouto could not stop the butterflies in his stomach as he slipped a black velvet box into his pocket.

✩✶✩❇✩✶✩

Shouto laughs as the crowd stirs in humor of his story of you.

You were such a pain sometimes, but it didn't matter to him. It didn't matter then, and it sure didn't now.

No, especially not right now.

Shouto looks back at his carefully pieced speech. An overwhelming need for him to stray from his words. He doesn't though, he knows that's a one-way ticket for him bawling in front of hundreds of people he didn't know well enough. He stares at the next sentence, his eyes returning to your face for support.