•THIRTY-ONE•

One year later 》

No one's POV

There was still no sign of Taehyung.

Jaehwa waited and waited and waited.

She already had graduated along with Taehyung's brother, Kim Eunsung. The two became close as they always see each other in school.

Their friends remain the same but some of them found their match. Jin is dating Hoseok's cousin, Jung Aecha. Namjoon is single as well as Yoongi. Hoseok is dating a girl named Seo Yumi. Jimin is still dating Minhee, and Jungkook is still single.

They still meet up with each other when they have time.

Jaehwa would come and visit the Kims often as she grew closer with them.

Seong Jaehwa's POV

Today, I promised Eunsung that I will treat him to his favorite restaurant.

Yup, Eunsung and I are close. He's always open to me and I act up as his Big Sis to make it up for Taehyung whom we never heard of since a year ago.

Eunsung and I took our seats and ordered food.

"Eunsung, have you heard from your brother yet?" I asked him. I've been asking him the same questions months ago.

"Noona, all I know is that mom and dad have updates with how hyung is doing but they're not telling me anything." He honestly answered my question.

I sighed and felt a pat on my shoulder.

"Don't worry noona. If ever, mom and dad will tell me anything about hyung. I'll make sure to report it to you." Eunsung smiled widely.

"I miss hyung already. It's already been a year." Eunsung suddenly switched the mood from an enlightening one to a sad one.

"I miss him too you know," I said as I looked at the necklace he gave me before he left.

Flashback~

"How could you not tell me? We didn't have any proper talks after my birthday and now you're leaving."

"I'm sorry Jae. Please don't cry. It hurts me seeing you cry." He said as he wiped the tears on my face.

"I'll be back soon. I promise. It's just business. I'll be back soon before you know it." He took out a small box.

"What's this?"

He took the necklace and placed it around my neck.

"It's beautiful," I said while admiring it.

"You're more beautiful." He said making me blush.

"I'll wait for your return."

"I love you." I blurted it out.

"I love you Kim Taehyung. I was so dumb to realize it until now. That I'm deeply in love with you since we were kids." I confessed.

"I'll be back soon. I love you too." As he placed a kiss on my forehead and took a last glance at me before leaving.

Flashback ended~

"Noona what if hyung is not gonna come back?" He asked out of nowhere and he caught me off guard with that question.

What if he doesn't come back?

I don't know what to do.

"I'm sure, he'll be back before we know it. He promised." I said while mumbling the last part for him not to catch on to that one.

Soon, our food arrived and we started to eat. We didn't talk about our topic anymore and we just eat until we finished it all up.

I paid the bill and we both went out of the restaurant.

"Eunsung-ah, can you go home on your own? I need to get back to the company immediately, there's an emergency." I asked him.

"Sure noona." He smiled at me, assuring me that he can go home on his own now.

"Maybe I'll visit you later," I said and he nodded. We go on our separate ways.

Kim Eunsung's POV

I like noona as my big sis very much.

But I miss Tae hyung already.

I sadly went home and opened the door to our house.

"I'm home!" I shouted for them to be notified I'm back.

I walked inside and saw mom and dad having a serious talk by the living room.

"Oh Eunsung, how was eating out with your Jaehwa noona?" Mom asked.

"It was great." I cheerfully replied to them.

I noticed that something was wrong. It was all visible in their faces.

"Mom, dad is there something wrong?" I asked them without thinking.

"No son, everything's alright." Dad forced out a smile but I can still notice that.

Not pushing them anymore, I nodded and went to my room.

"Something is off, I just can feel it," I mumbled to myself.

Why won't mom and dad tell me what they talked about with hyung?

Hyung does keep them up to date with everything.

Seong Jaehwa's POV

I arrived at the company safely and as I was about to go inside my office. Minhee called out my name.

"Ms. Seong, someone told me to give you this." She said as she handed me a bouquet of yellow lilies.

My eyes widened at the flowers in front of me.

Is he back?

"Who gave this?"

"I did." A figure went out of his hiding spot.

Nah, he didn't come back. Yet.

"Oh, Jungkook," I said trying to make the tone of my voice happy but I failed with that making Jungkook pout.

Jungkook stayed by my side ever since Taehyung left.

"Are you not that happy?" He suddenly asked.

"Jungkook, I'm happy. Thank you." I smiled at him.

"I know what you were thinking." He said.

"Come inside my office first." I opened the door to my office and we both went inside.

"You thought Tae hyung gave you those flowers," Jungkook said immediately as soon as we were inside.

I nodded slowly while looking down the floor.

"I'm sorry Jae. I shouldn't have brought those flowers." Jungkook sighed.

"No, Jungkook I'm really glad you brought me flowers today. Is today a special day? What's up with the flowers?" I asked making it a joke, kinda.

He slowly walks towards me making me walk backward.

"Jungkook what are you doing?" I asked him as I feel my back hit the wall.

What's up with him?

"Uh, Jungkook." I tried to break the silence between us.

He blinked a few times before he realized what is happening.

He immediately went backward.

"Jaehwa I'm sorry. I must have startled you. I didn't know what I was doing." He said. He's embarrassed.