•FORTY•

Seong Jaehwa's POV

I am now sitting on my chair staring at the wall in front of me as I remembered what Sunjung told me.

Flashback~

"Jaehwa, neither of us wants this engagement thing to happen. It was forced." She looked at me with sad eyes.

"What do you mean?" I looked at her confused.

"My father is holding a grudge against you and forced Taehyung to get engaged to me. He didn't like the idea." She said.

"Your father?" She nodded.

"Yoo Haesung. He's my father." She sadly smiled at me.

"Why did I do to your father?" I asked her.

"I don't know too. He won't tell me." She answered honestly.

"Please continue."

"So yeah Taehyung didn't like the idea. But my father threatened him that if Taehyung wouldn't do what he says he'll kill you and his family. Taehyung doesn't want anyone harmed and so he agreed." She said.

"Did you agree?" I asked.

"No, I was opposed to the idea. It's kinda uhm... I'm not really into guys. I'm into girls. Don't worry, I told Taehyung about it and we planned to go out pretending for I know my father would send someone to follow us and see if we were together."

I tried to scoot away from her when she said she's into girls.

"Hey Jaehwa, I promised Taehyung I wouldn't fall for you or do anything to you." She laughed and I calmed down for a bit.

"Why are you helping us?" I asked her.

"Because Taehyung loves you." She answered shortly before she stood up, ready to leave.

"It was nice talking to you Jaehwa. I hope you would understand and please don't push Taehyung away. He's trying his best to protect you and his family." Sunjung smiled at me before opening the door.

"I truly understand it, Sunjung. Thank you." I smiled at her and she waved goodbye to me and left.

Flashback ended~

"Jaehwa!" I heard two voices shouting as soon as they entered my office.

"What are you two doing here?" I blinked my eyes at them.

"What did she do to you? Did she hurt you?" Jungkook asked. I looked at him confused but then I remembered,

"I'll tell Minhee to call Jungkook for you."

He was talking about Sunjung's visit later.

I laughed at them and they looked at me weirdly.

Minhee placed the back of her hand on my forehead checking my temperature.

"She's not sick." She said while looking at Jungkook.

"Are you going crazy?" Jungkook shook my body.

"Yah! Stop it will you." I glared at them making them stop.

"What happened?" Minhee asked.

"Why did she come here?" Jungkook asked.

"She just came to explain." I shook my head at them.

I looked at my phone and saw one missed call from Joshua oppa. Before I can call him back, Minhee and Jungkook took my phone away from me.

"Tell us." I sighed and nodded.

I told them everything Sunjung told me and after telling them everything they seemed convinced.

"Tae hyung did that? For you and his family?" Minhee asked and I nodded.

"I need to tell the others," Jungkook said reaching for his phone.

"To avoid dangerous situations. Don't tell anyone aside from Minhee and Jungkook."

I remembered Sunjung's warnings and stopped Jungkook who was about to press the call button.

"Don't. Stop its dangerous." I begged.

"Uh okay?" Jungkook put down his phone, confused.

"Minhee, go back to work and Jungkook, go back to your company. Don't tell anyone about this." They nodded and left.

Sunjung I have trust in you and your plans. I hope it works.

Yoo Sunjung's POV

"Eunsung where do you want to eat?" I looked at him who is walking quietly beside me.

"Anywhere would be fine." He tried to smile at me and I smiled back.

I was about to call Taehyung when a black van appeared beside us. I started to panic but they pushed me away from them and they only get to kidnapped Eunsung.

The van left leaving me on the ground confused as to why they didn't take me.

I widened my eyes as I realized it.

Shit.

Someone must've found out that I probably told Jaehwa everything as I was going out from her company.

That's it. I remembered looking at someone behind a tree when Eunsung and I went out from the company.

I dialed Taehyung's number.

"Please pick it up, hurry," I mumbled to myself.

On call~

Taehyung: Hello?

Me: You've got to go to your parents' house now!

Taehyung: Why? What happened?

Me: Just go! I'll explain later.

Call ended~

Shit, I wasn't careful enough.

Hong Jisoo's POV

We finished practice early today and Chan invited the boys to Jaehwa's house.

"Chan, do you think Jaehwa would be fine bringing the boys to her house without permission?" I worriedly asked.

"It'll be fine hyung. It's a surprise." Chan smiled widely at me and I sighed.

Seong Jaehwa's POV

I fixed my things and left the company.

I drove back to my house very tired.

I parked my car in the garage and went to the main door.

I didn't ring the bell because the boys probably aren't home yet.

When I was about to open the door, the door opened by itself.

Wait, what?

I looked up to see the person's face.

Wait who is this guy? I looked behind him and there were a lot of guys in the living room.

"Uhm excuse me who are you?" I asked the guy in front of me. "And what are you doing in my house?" I looked at him suspiciously.

"Yah! Seungcheol hyung who's at the door?" Another guy shouted from the inside.

I saw Joshua oppa walking towards the boys in the living room who is looking at me.

"What are you guys looking at?" He asked them and followed their gaze.

"Hong Jisoo," I said his name without honorifics that's when he knew he fucked up.

His smile dropped when he saw me and he gulped.

"Lee Chan, would you mind coming here." He said. Chan is walking out from the kitchen and looked at me then looked at the boys and back at me again.

"Noona!" He shouted running towards me.