•THIRTY-NINE•

Hong Jisoo's POV

We stayed for a few minutes. Chan is now fine.

"Should we go back?" I asked him.

"You go first. I'll just follow. I need more fresh air." Chan smiled at me and I nodded.

I went back inside the studio and as soon as everyone saw me, they immediately ran to me.

"Where is Dino?"

"Is he okay?"

"What happened?"

"Would he be okay?"

"Is something bothering him?"

Everyone is now asking questions.

"Guys calm down. Dino is now fine." I said making them calm down and quiet.

"Is something bothering him?" Seungkwan repeated the question from earlier.

"He's just having a hard time because her cousin which he considers like a real sister is having a hard time," I explained to them.

"I feel bad for shouting at him," Hoshi said.

"Hoshi it's okay." S.coups hyung tried to comfort Hoshi.

Soon the studio's door opened revealing an okay Dino.

"Dino!" Hoshi started running towards the younger one.

"I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier. I didn't know you were having a hard time." Dino looked at me confused.

"I told them." I mouthed to him and he nodded.

"Hoshi hyung it's okay. I know I should separate trainee life and personal life so it wouldn't affect our practices." Dino said while looking at the ground.

"Don't be sad Dino. It's okay." S.coups hyung comforted him and soon everyone is hugging the maknae.

"Stop it, you guys. You're squeezing the life out of me." Dino laughed making everyone let go of him.

"How about we cheer his noona up?" DK suggested making everyone facepalm at his out-of-nowhere suggestion.

"You are weird." Vernon judgingly looked at DK making DK glare back at him.

"That reminds me, noona hoped to see you guys," Dino said making DK clap at his brilliant suggestion a few minutes ago.

"Dino," I growled.

Chan looked at me and chuckles awkwardly. "You were there, hyung. Noona did say it." He pouted.

"Fine." I sigh in defeat. I know Jaehwa was only joking but I don't want to hurt Dino by destroying his plans on making his noona happy.

I decided to call Jaehwa for a heads-up about Dino's plans.

The number you have dialed is currently unattended or out of coverage area. Please try your call later.

Weird. Her phone's off.

Could have something happened?

I shrugged the thought off.

She's probably busy.

Seong Jaehwa's POV

"What are you doing here?" Sunjung, Taehyung's fiancé came to see me.

Flashback~

"Jaehwa!" Minhee opened my office door. I looked at her confused.

"She's here. Sunjung." She mouthed and a few minutes later, Sunjung came to her with a sincere smile on her face.

I saw Eunsung's face peeked from outside.

"Eunsung?"

"We'll be here outside if you need us." He flash out a sincere smile, he and Minhee went out.

Flashback ended~

"Can we talk?" She asked.

"Sunjung if you're gonna talk about your engagement with Taehyung. I won't hear any of it. I'm okay with it." I tried to talk sincerely but I could feel bitterness in my words.

"I'm wasn't going to talking about that." She chuckled.

"What?" I looked at her confused.

"Please. Let's just talk." She begged. I sighed and nodded.

We both took a seat on the couches in my office.

"I can't believe you became a CEO at a young age." She said.

I don't know if that was a compliment and so I chuckled awkwardly.

"What are we going to talk about?" I asked her without acting cold.

"Taehyung." She said.

I hold back my tears as soon as she mentioned his name.

"What about him?" I coldly asked.

"Jaehwa, believe me when I say this. He loves you dearly and is willing to protect you and his family." She said. I could feel and hear sincerity in her words.

"If he loves me dearly, then why did he get engaged with you in the first place?" I asked her.

She sighed.

"Jaehwa, I know you'll be shocked with what you're about to hear." She said. She looked around and the buildings around this level using her binoculars.

"The coast is clear." She mumbled to herself but I heard it.

"Jaehwa, neither of us wants this engagement thing to happen. It was forced." She looked at me with sad eyes.

Nam Minhee's POV

"What do you think they are talking about?" I asked Taehyung's younger brother.

"I can't hear them from this side." He said.

"You're Taehyung's younger brother right?" I asked again just making sure.

"Yeah, I'm Kim Eunsung." He introduced himself to me.

"I'm Nam Minhee, Jaehwa's bestfriend and secretary." I introduced myself back to him.

"I guessing I'm your noona right?" I asked again and he nodded.

"If you wouldn't mind me asking, what has gotten to your brother's head? Why would he marry another girl? We all know that Jaehwa is the only girl he loves." I started to rant out on his brother.

"I don't know what is happening either. But Sunjung noona asked me to bring her here since she wanted to talk about something important. Hyung told me to trust her so I did try to trust her." He said.

"Oh, she's going out." I pointed at Sunjung who is now sighing deeply.

"Minhee right? Called you... uhm, call that Jungkook guy. I guess Jaehwa needs him and you right now." Sunjung said before leaving.

I looked at Eunsung and he just followed her mouthing me "I don't know what's going on." Before waving goodbye at me.

I looked at Jaehwa's office and dialed Jungkook's number.

Ringing~

On call~

Jungkook: Minhee, I'm kinda busy right now.

Me: Jungkook, you need to come to Jaehwa's office right now. She needs us.

Jungkook: What!? What happened?!

Me: Sunjung dropped by and talked to Jaehwa. I don't know what they talked about but as soon as Sunjung left her office she told me to call you because Jaehwa needs the both of us.

Jungkook: I'll be excusing myself for something emergency came up and I need to go. We'll have a meeting another time. Meeting dismissed~.

He was having a meeting while I called!?

Aish!

Jungkook: I'll be there soon.

Call ended~