•THIRTY-THREE•

Jeon Jungkook's POV

As soon as I dropped Jaehwa at their house, I immediately drove to someone I know who can help me at times like this.

Knock~ Knock~

"Coming."

He opened the door and smiled at me.

"Jungkook, what are you doing here? It's late." He said.

"Namjoon hyung, I need help with something," I said and he welcomed me inside.

"What's up? Is something wrong?" He asked worriedly as soon as noticed that I was frowning when I went inside.

"Taehyung is back. Something is wrong." I said.

His eyes widened.

"When did he come back?"

"I don't know. We accidentally met and told me to not tell anyone that he's back, not even Jaehwa. He said he's living in an apartment for a while. He told me not to worry cause he will see us soon. But I can't help but notice that something is wrong." I explained.

"What's wrong Jungkook-ah?"

"Taehyung's parents only know what is happening and they wouldn't tell Eunsung even though he is part of the family. When I mentioned to Mr. and Mrs. Kim that Jaehwa is still waiting for Taehyung, they froze and I can sense that they're hiding something. Why would Taehyung hide?" I said.

"So what do you want me to do?" He asked.

"Could you help me investigate him, Kim Taehyung?" I asked him and he sighed.

"I don't know Jungkook. But if you sense something is wrong, then why not. I'm quite curious too." He said.

"Just don't tell the others please," I added.

"Sure, I won't." We both stood and hyung walked me to the door.

"I'll call you when I find something." He said and I hugged him.

"Thank you hyung." He hugged me back and soon let go.

"We'll hang out soon with the others," I said before leaving the place.

I went inside my car and sighed.

What are you doing Kim Taehyung?

Kim Eunsung's POV

"Mom, dad is something wrong?" I woke up from my sleep when I hear mom and dad mumbling some things.

"Eunsung-ah come here," Dad ordered and so I walked down the stairs and went near them.

"Eunsung-ah, don't tell anyone, and by anyone we meant you're Jaehwa noona and your Tae hyung's friends." Mom said.

I just nodded.

Mom and dad sighed before talking back to me.

"You're brother is back." My eyes widened.

He's back. When? How? Why didn't I know about this?

"When did he come back?" I asked them, feeling betrayed that I am part of this family yet I didn't know anything about him since he left.

"A few weeks ago. He's staying at an apartment for a while." Mom explained.

"But why did you tell me just now?" I asked them.

"Taehyung doesn't want you to know." Mom said.

I looked down.

"It's for the best Eunsung," Dad said and I just nodded.

I quietly went to my room and closed the door.

The next day 》

Seong Jaehwa's POV

I woke up early today since I need to go to the company as quickly as I can.

I did my morning routine.

I decided to just commute today to save some money.

I'm now waiting for the walk sign. I looked at my phone and checked the time.

"Still early," I mumbled to myself.

I looked in front of me and my eyes widened at the person who I saw on the other side of the road.

"Taehyung."

When did he come back?

I froze in my spot even though we are now allowed to cross the pedestrian.

I shook my head a few times before crossing the road.

He seemed to not notice me at all so I just walked pretending that he's not there.

When I reached the other side, I looked back to see a girl running towards him and hug him.

They both seem happy.

Guess I waited for nothing. I turned around and walked towards the bus stop.

Kim Taehyung's POV

I'm on my way to the cafe down the road. When I saw the girl whom I promised to.

"Jaehwa."

The walk sign is now visible but she ain't crossing the road. I acted like I didn't notice her and continued walking. She shook her head and started crossing the road.

I keep looking straight but I could see her trying to take glances at me.

When I reached the other end, a girl came up to me and give me a big hug.

"Oppa!"

I smiled at her and hugged her back.

"Sunjung, what are you doing here?"

"I was about to go to the cafe too." She answered.

I nodded.

I looked back in Jaehwa's direction and now she's walking away.

I sighed.

"Hey, are you okay?" Sunjung asked.

"Oh yeah, I am. Let's go."

Seong Jaehwa's POV

Who was that girl?

"Jaehwa? Earth to Jaehwa."

I blinked a few times and looked at Minhee who was waving her hand in front of me.

"Are you okay?" Minhee asked.

"Minhee, have you ever thought that what if Taehyung came back but he didn't want us to know?" I asked her.

"Uh no. Why?" She looked at me concerned.

"Did you see Taehyung?" She asked. I widened my eyes.

"Is he back?" I asked her while shaking her vigorously.

"I don't know Jaehwa. You sounded like you saw Taehyung that's why I asked." She explained.

"I'm sorry." I calmed down for a moment.

"Don't be sorry. So did you see him?" She asked again and I nodded.

"Where?"

"I kinda saw him on the way here. I'm sure it's him. But then I saw a girl hugging him. They looked happy." I said.

"Jaehwa, hey maybe it's just someone that looks like Taehyung oppa." Minhee tried to comfort me.

I know what I saw.

But I don't want her to worry about me and so I nodded.

"I'll be by my table outside if you need me. Okay?" She said and I nodded.

I sighed as soon as she left the room.

I looked at the necklace he gave me.

Was waiting for you, something that I would regret?