Chapter 10: Curse of the Bogies

TRIGGER WARNING: There is bullying and related violence that will begin in this chapter and will continue throughout. Please don't read if any kind of abuse triggers you in any way. Please note that there will be bullying throughout this entire piece and will get incredibly dark in the coming years as she grows up. This story will be covering the First Wizarding War so there will be violence, death, and gory image as time goes on. I am so sorry about potentially triggering you but please, do not subject yourself to this.

---
The Kind Hufflepuff - First Year

Chapter Ten: Curse of the Bogies
---

Cali had been walking to the dorm, leaving her two friends in the Great Hall so that she could get a head start on her homework before helping with the spell from Defense.

"Higgs!" The voice came from behind her as she spun, tensed as she wondered what the familiar voice could want as she came face-to-face with Gregory Wilkes. She didn't say anything as the boy walked towards her, calmly and in a way that built the suspense as she awaited his response. He looked dangerous, a smirk as he examined the hallway, making the girl nervous. "Miss your mommy?" His voice was teasing as her eyebrows knitted together.

"Pardon?" The boy took a step forwards, taking out his wand causing her to take a step backwards as she tried to secretly put her hand in her bag however her wand was too far out of the reach as she continued to walk backwards. "Gregor-" She began, hoping to convince him to leave before he stopped her with a yell.

"STOP IT! MY NAME IS WILKES! WE AREN'T FRIENDS!" Cali's eyes began to burn with tears.

"I-I'm sorry," Cali whimpered causing the boy to laugh.

"You're such a child. Crying about her mother, whimpering like that. It's disgusting."

"We're 11, Greg-I-I-I mean, Wilkes. We are children." The tears in her eyes were threatening to fall but was afraid of his reaction, taking another step back as she hit the wall that lead into another corridor and started to panic as she realized that she was cornered.

"Stop! Stop crying!" Wilkes growled, propelling himself forward as he pressed the wand into her neck. She wondered what spells he knew, what spells his family may have taught him prior to attending or if he had attempted to use spells that he had witnessed his own family using like she had.

"I'm sorry!" Cali cried out, her knees buckling as she slid down the wall.

"Mucus ad Nauseam," He attempted as Cali braced herself before feeling a wave of sickness, nausea hitting her as her nose began to run. She turned to look at the boy, covering her nose to hide the snot that was flowing out of her nose and was surprised to see the look of triumph. Once he realized that her gaze was on him, he sneered as he played with his foot. "Grow the fuck up, Higgs." There was a snarl in his voice before he took a step back and for a brief moment, Cali had thought he was going to walk away before he kicked her in the stomach. "Tell anybody and something worse will happen."

She sat there against the door for a while as she cried, bringing her knees to her stomach and hugged them hoping that somebody would come to her as fear rocked coursed through her body. It wasn't long before dinner had finished and students began returning when a third year Hufflepuff that she knew to be Amelia Bones that came across her, a gasp escaping her lips as she approached the crying girl.

"Calista?" The third year's voice vibrated through the hallway as Cali began to cry. She kneeled down to the girl, softly touching her shoulder as Cali flinched. "Cali, w-what happened?" Cali shook her head vigorously as Amelia sighed and began to rub the girl's back in an attempt to be reassuring.