𝟏𝟓

there's still hope for us, baby

aerim

The sun was clearly shining through the curtains and I got up to wash my face before meeting with Hyuna.

Today is the day that I face my fears, my fear of being rejected. I know that I might risk my career but I can't lose Hongjoong this time.

"Good morning, querida" he sweetly said and wrapped his arms around me. This is just too good to be true.

"What does that mean?" I asked. He smiled and went on to fix his shoes that he already was wearing.

"It means darling in Spanish" he explained, my heart was literally fluttering. Then I eyed his outfit.

"So, where are you off to? We have a shoot here at 10 am" I asked, while I was making the famous Dalgona coffee

"I will come with you to talk to Hyuna too, being here is boring" he implied. I chuckled and headed to take a shower first and change into something a bit similar to what he was wearing.

As soon as I finished having my breakfast, we walked hand in hand towards Hyuna who was talking with Dawn.

She quickly noticed us and came forward to hug us and give us comments.

"You two are such a cute couple" she said and showered me with kisses, while Dawn was chilling with Hongjoong.

"So spill it, are you two leaving?" she said, her eyes were expectant. I was taken aback as I nodded slowly.

She clapped her hands like a happy seal and smiled at me. Her arms soon came flying towards me to lock me in an embrace.

"Why? What happened really? Care to tell me?" she asked. At first I hesitated but I knew she had a fair share of scandalous things to overcome.

"It all started back in middle school, we actually know each other back then" I started. She then motioned me to sit down and so I did.

"Go on, sweetie" she said and smiled at me.

"Then we made a promise to at least be trainees together, so he and I auditioned and he was the only one to get accepted" I said with a heavy yet delighted heart.

"I didn't continue to become a trainee because it's hard to be away from my family and I really want to prioritize school" looking back, I really had high expectations for myself.

"He came back and said he got into MIXNINE and will be debuting soon, but after that we never had proper contact" I huffed. Her elbows settled on the table, leaning in towards me.

"In longing to ever get to see him and earn money, I applied to be an assistant for KQ Entertainment" I continued.

"So, then you both fell in love and started secretly dating?" Hyuna asked. Dawn and Hongjoong came in and sat to listen to us.

"Technically yes, but things started going downhill" I said. Hongjoong glanced at me, and I motioned him to continue the story.

"Aerim left the company without me knowing only to find out that she was already scouted by SM Entertainment through the help of NCT's Kim Doyoung" he said. I nodded and continued to listen.

"After debuting with them, she actually got into a scandalo after Doyoung kissed her as a public attempt and that made me so angry" he confessed. We all laughed at him.

"We thought we could have a second chance to at least work it all out again but no-" I cut him off sentence and continued it.

"I chose me that time, I chose to work with Big Hit Entertainment to pursue what I want, and that is to become a singer" I said. Hyuna frowned but smiled at us.

"And now thanks to us, and of course a bit of Manager Kim we now reunited the both of you" Hyuna declared and smiled at us.

"That is so sweet and a bit confusing, yet now you are ready to sacrifice everything for Hongjoong?" she asked. I stilled but I managed to smile.

"Yes, he deserves it and our love deserves it" I said. Hyuna smiled and embraced me, whispering something in my ear.

"Be ready for everything dear, have faith in each other, P Nation will gladly accept you guys"