14. The Frost Bites pt. 2

Your POV

I kicked the ball to Anna, who promptly made a goal. She gave me a hi five and I let a genuine smile form on my lips. This may not be as bad as I thought. 

We were playing soccer in their massive backyard. Anna and I were on a team with Kristoff as our goalie. Jack and Elsa were on the other team, with Elsa's younger brother Olaf as the goalie. 

Elsa passed the ball to her boyfriend whom I quickly stole the ball from. I passed the ball to Anna, who dribbled the ball before passing it back to me. Elsa ran after me, but it was too late. With one well placed kick, the ball was in the net. 

"Nice shot, Y/N," Elsa said. 

"Thanks," I smiled.

Elsa had the ball, who then passed it to Jack. Anna wanted to play defence this time, but I was horrible at offence. I was trying to figure out a way to get the ball from Jack without tackling him to the ground, when the ball was with Elsa. 

She was nearing the net, and I ran up from behind her. She made a sudden pass to Jack which I accidentally intercepted by tripping, passing it to Anna. The ginger kicked the ball forward, but Elsa got it and made a goal. 

"Nice one," I said, panting. She was about to say something when Jack came up from behind her and picked her up.

"Jack, put me down," she said with a small laugh. I was too busy studying the grass to notice her tone. Jack didn't seem to notice her tone either, as he kept spinning her around. When Jack put Elsa down, he pulled her closer to him and kissed her fiercely. 

"Alright guys, get a room," Anna said teasingly, but she gave me a concerned look. Kristoff laughed and pulled Anna in for a hug.

"Don't you start either," Anna said with a smile. Kristoff gave her a quick peck before letting the ginger go, returning her smile. 

"Two goals against four of ours," Anna said, "We're still going to win, aren't we Y/N."

"Yes," I said, surprising myself with my cool and determined tone. 

"You sure about that," Jack asked, raising his eyebrow teasingly. 

"Oh yes," I said, "We will win. So we don't have to watch you make out with your girlfriend every time you get a goal."

Anna gave me a warning glance, but I ignored her. Jack glared at me but I glared right back. You don't date your best friend's crush without telling them. It's not right. 

"Okay then," Elsa said, noticing the tension, "Your ball, Y/N." Still glaring at Jack, I kicked the ball to Anna, determined to win this game. We were one point away; it was a five point game.

"I'll stay in the back," I muttered, and Anna nodded. She ran ahead, and I followed her at a distance. As Elsa was about to steal, she kicked the ball to me. I ran ahead at superhuman speeds, avoiding Elsa's attempt to steal the ball. 

As I was about to kick the ball for the final goal, I felt something hit me. I stumbled and fell to the ground, feeling something heavy land on me. I felt a jolt of pain up my leg and I winced. I looked up to see Jack's blue eyes staring triumphantly down at me. I pushed him off of me roughly. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, but I didn't fall for his fake kindness. He offered a hand to help me up, but I took Kristoff's instead. 

I turned away as I saw Jack celebrating his success with a kiss with Elsa. 

"That was a foul," Anna said, "It wasn't a proper tackle." 

Jack broke his kiss to say something but I beat him to it.