28. Arranged Marriage

Requested: Reader and Elsa are in an arranged marriage for political reasons, but actually fall in love in the end.

I looked out the window, refusing to answer my parents. I was currently in a carriage heading to Arendelle to meet my future wife. It was a mistake to tell my parents I was lesbian, because instead of being supportive, they said that I have to marry someone of their choice or they would kick me out. Wonderful. 

They chose Queen Elsa from Arendelle because they knew I didn't like her, but also because the kingdom had lots of resources and she had ice powers, which would be beneficial to our kingdom. 

"Are you listening to me? Be on your best behaviour when you meet the Queen. This is for the Northern Isles," my father said sternly, and I resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

"Yes, father." I said monotonously. I saw the castle near and I mentally prepared myself for this ice queen. There were so many rumours about her, and I didn't really want to end of getting freezes to death if she didn't like me. 

As someone helped me out of the carriage, I put on a fake smile and thanked them. We were led into the castle, down a beautiful carpeted hallway, and into the throne room where Queen Elsa was waiting. 

My mother lightly pushed me towards her and I walked towards the platinum blonde. She was quite pretty, I couldn't deny that, but I was still resentful of being in an arranged marriage. I could tell that she was a bit awkward too. 

I gave a curt bow, "I'm Y/N."

"Pleasure to meet you, Y/N," Elsa said, smiling politely. 

"Pleasure's all mine," I said, trying not to spit the words my parents wanted me to say. 

My father cleared his throat, "Well, we should get going then. Have a nice stay, Y/N." He and my mother started to walk away, but I wouldn't let them. 

"This wasn't in the agreement. I would spend a day with her and then go home," I hissed lowly. I could see Elsa pretending not to look out the window. 

"You are going to marry her whether you like it or not," my father snapped, "For the good of the Kingdom and so you won't be a complete disgrace. Until then, you will not be able to come home." I was too shocked to follow my parents out of the castle gates. I can't believe they would do this. 

"Would you like to walk around the Kingdom?" Elsa asked, unsure.

"Sure," I forced a smile. 

*******

I've stayed in Arendelle for about two weeks, and Elsa isn't as bad as I thought she would be. She's actually quite kind, and nothing like how people in our kingdom described her. She isn't cold, mean, or anything like that. 

I was actually starting to fall for her, but the arranged marriage thing made sure that I would never marry her. I don't ever do things that I'm forced to. Call it rebellious or whatever, but I just don't. 

"Look at this cherry blossom," Elsa pointed out the flower in the garden. 

"Yes, it's quite beautiful," I said, admiring it. 

"Just like you," Elsa said softly, and I looked up. She's been saying these things more often, and I wasn't sure if she actually meant it or was doing it for her kingdom. However, as I gazed into her gentle blue eyes, I knew she was sincere. 

Elsa stepped closed to me and took my hand, "You don't have to marry me if you don't want to, Y/N. I don't want to force you into anything you don't want to do."

I looked down, but Elsa brought my head back up, "That's very kind of you, Elsa, but I'm afraid my parents won't accept me if I don't." 

"What do you mean?" Elsa furrowed her brows. 

"It's because I like girls. They wanted me to marry someone that they think I would hate to punish me, but they also wanted something beneficial for the kingdom," I blurted out, and then pulled my hands out of her grasp, turning away. 

There was a long pause before, "You hate me?"

"No!" I turned back around, "I mean I suppose I didn't like the idea of marrying you at first, with all the rumours about you back home, but as I got to know you better, you're actually pretty sweet. These past weeks have been nothing but confusing, because I thought I didn't like you, but you actually - what are you doi-" Soft, cool lips pressed against mine, and I stumbled back a bit but Elsa's arms were there to support me. She pulled back as quickly as it had happened, a heavy blush coating her cheeks. 

"I'm so sorry, Y/N, I shouldn't have done that. I-"

"It's okay," I said softly. I stepped closer and placed my lips on hers. I cupped her cheek while moving my lips gently against Elsa's. I felt her lips curve into a small smile before she tangled her hands in my hair. 

Elsa pulled away first, and gave me a shy smile, "So will you marry me?" She held out a beautiful diamond ring. 

"Yes." I took the ring before pulling her into an embrace, "Just let's make it known to my parents that we absolutely adore each other. It'll annoy them so much that I like you."

"Okay," Elsa said, and I leaned down to kiss her again.