33. Just Let It Go

Request: Modern AU where Elsa is shy and doesn't show off her talents. Reader takes her to a karaoke bar where Elsa gets drunk and sings Let It Go, blowing away the audience, and of course, the reader.

"You should try out for the talent show, Elsa! Let go of your fears! People will love you! You're so good at singing, and it would be-"

"I'm not going to, Y/N," Elsa said tiredly. It was my fifth time bothering her about showing off her talents for other people to enjoy. She was a quiet, shy person who didn't like to show off herself, even though sometimes she should. 

"Okay," I said softly. 

"Thank you," Elsa sighed, wrapping her arms around my neck and giving me a kiss. 

"Can we go out to eat at least?" I asked, and Elsa nodded. I was thinking a nice restaurant with some caviar, but Elsa wanted to go to a bar. She said that she needed to let loose from all of the nagging I've been doing. So I drove to the nearest bar and helped her out of the car. I heard lots of singing coming from the small building, and I led Elsa towards it. 

Neon lights floated everywhere, and there was a red haired girl on stage, singing something about it being the first time in forever she's done something. 

"Oh Anna," Elsa sighed. I squinted a little harder, and recognized the ginger as being Elsa's sister. 

"Now I really need a drink," Elsa muttered, heading over to the bar and away from the stage. 

"What would you like!" the owner, Oaken, asked. 

"Something strong...tequila is alright," Elsa said, and Oaken poured her some. 

"What about you, dear?" he asked cheerfully. 

"Oh, none for me, thanks. Someone has to drive us home after," I said, seeing Elsa down another shot. Oaken wandered off to help another customer. Kristoff was a good friend of mine, and apparently also a bartender. 

"Hey Kristoff, how do you feel about your girlfriend singing karaoke?" I asked, glancing at Anna singing about snowmen. 

"Oh no!" he said, "I told her not to drink so much!" he said, more to himself than me.

"Hiiii!" Elsa slurred, almost falling off of the chair. 

"How much did you have to drink?" I asked, noticing that the tequila bottle was almost empty. 

"I don't know...he left the bottle there!" Elsa said. I sighed, placing a thirty dollars on the counter, hoping that would pay for the bottle. 

"I thought we were going to eat something, not get wasted," I said. 

"We are!" Elsa said, falling into my arms. I wiped her mouth with my sleeve, and she giggled.

"I wanna sing!" Elsa said, hopping off the stool and heading towards the stage.

"But I thought you hated to sing in public..." I said. Elsa waved me off and talked to the person running the karaoke, and he said she could go through. 

"But she's drunk," I protested.

"A lot of people are drunk here," he replied, "We get a lot of crappy performances, but some people are actually good singers who will perform when they're drunk."

"What if she falls," I demanded.

"Then catch her," the man shrugged. I wanted to punch him so badly, but just then, Anna walked off of the stage, and Elsa took her place. 

She started to sing a familiar song, one that she's been working on since last year. I'm surprised at how good her voice sounds, since she's been drinking so much.

Let it go, let it go,

can't hold it back anymore.

Let it go, let it go,

turn away and slam the door.

I don't care, what they're going to say,

let the storm rage on,

the cold never bothered me anyway. 

She suddenly tumbled and fell off of the stage, but luckily I was there to catch her. The crowd was silent for a few moments, before they erupted in cheers. 

"Well, I must say your girl really impressed some people tonight," the karaoke man said, shaking his head in disbelief. 

I carried Elsa back up to the stage, and she bowed, grinning happily. She pulled me into a kiss, and I could taste the alcohol on her lips. This only made the crowd cheer even more. 

"Encore," they chanted. I glanced at Elsa, and her eyes were hopeful.

"Wanna do a duet with me, Y/N?" she asked.

"Why not," I grinned. We sang Into the Unknown, with Elsa showing off how strong her voice is, but after that we needed to leave.

"Hey, I'm sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. Elsa's been attracting lots of attention, and I was wondering if she could sing here every Thursday or something," the karaoke man, who's name was Ryder, said, "We'd pay her."

"Sure," I smiled, "I have to get her home now though, she's a bit too drunk for another song." Ryder nodded with understanding, but we interrupted once more before our way to the door.

"Why hello there, I'm Matthias. I was just listening to your wonderful duet with your..."

"Girlfriend," I deadpanned.

"Yes, I'm sorry, I didn't want to offend anyone," Mattias continued nervously, "She was a wonderful voice, and your's is clear as well. I was wondering if you could come by my office sometime, and we could discuss getting her a record deal."

I grinned, "I'm sure she would love that! She's just had too much to drink tonight, but I'll discuss it with her tomorrow and get back to you." 

"Great," Mattias said, and handed me his card. I shook his hand, and finally led Elsa out to the car.

"That was fun!" Elsa slurred. 

"See what I mean," I smiled, putting her seatbelt on. Elsa suddenly grabbed my face and pulled me in gently. Our lips met, and Elsa sighed. I smiled unconsciously, and pulled away. 

"Let's go home. I'll give you lots of cuddles and tomorrow I'll explain everything since you'll have forgotten, and have a massive hangover," I said, getting into the driver's seat.

"Okay," Elsa said softly. 

A/N: I'm sorry, I said that this one shot would be posted Sunday, and it's a little late. I hope you enjoyed nonetheless.