34. Run With Me

Request: Elsa is getting married to someone she doesn't want to marry, but before she leaves her dressing room the reader stops her and asks to run away with her.

I'm going to a wedding today. I'm going to get dressed up, have someone do my hair and makeup, and smile. It should be exciting. But it's not. Elsa is marrying Jack Frost, and they're perfect together. Both are sweet and kind, both have magical ice powers, and both are good leaders. The only thing is I wish Elsa was marrying me. 

"Y/N! Come on, you need to get ready!" Anna, Elsa's younger sister, said frantically. I swallowed a sigh, and followed her to a room and let them turn me into something in a white dress and covered in makeup. As Elsa's best friend, I was to be the maid of honour, and I couldn't just pretend I was sick, even though I'm kinda feeling sick now. 

"Elsa wants to see you," Anna said softly, before heading outside into the garden where the wedding will take place. I walked down the hall and to where Elsa's dressing room was. I saw her in her white wedding dress, her hair styled in an elegant bun, and with her usual makeup. 

"Hey," I said quietly. Elsa turned slowly, but when she saw me she came over and threw her arms around me. I instinctively slid my arms around her as well, and we just stood there for a couple of minutes. 

"How do I look?" she asked. 

"Beautiful," I said without hesitating, because it was true. She was always beautiful. 

Elsa took a shaky breath, before blurting  out, "I don't want to marry him."

I stared at her, What? I thought they loved each other. Her eyes averted to the ground, and I stood there. 

"Jack's great, he really is. He's kind, and sweet, and smart, and would be a great leader for Arendelle, but I just don't love him," Elsa explained.

"Who do you love?" The words just spilled out of my mouth, and I immediately regretted them even though I was a bit curious. 

Her eyes were still focused on the ground, when she said, "You." My jaw dropped in shock. Never in a million years would I ever guess that Elsa would love me back. 

"It's okay if you don't feel the same, Anna always said that you liked-" I interrupted her with a kiss, pressing my lips gently to hers. I heard her gasp for a second, before she pressed her lips back against mine. My hand made it's way to her silky, platinum blonde hair, and I unconsciously undid the bun. That's okay though, I like her better with her hair down. 

Elsa pulled away first. in the need for air. I lay my forehead against hers, breathing heavily. 

"I've loved  you since forever," I said, and Elsa laughed breathily. 

"You undid my hair," she said, touching it. 

"We don't need it anymore," I said, "Elsa...run away with me."

"What?" she stared at me in shock, "We can't. There's a wedding, and plus I'm Queen. I can't just leave!"

"Anna will get married to Kristoff, and become Queen. Please, come with me. You don't like being Queen anyway," I pleaded. It took a long while, before Elsa gave in and nodded. She flicked her wrist, and her wedding dress was replaced by a travelling one, and her heels turned to ice. How she can walk in those heels is a mystery to me. 

"There's a place, high in the mountains rumoured to hold Native people. They'll help us, they don't like Arendelle," I said. 

"I'm Arendelle's Queen," Elsa said.

"Not anymore," I grinned. I also changed into something more fit to travel and packed up a bag full of supplies. We snuck out of the back of the castle, and took a horse from the stables. I sat behind Elsa, and she turned to give me a kiss to which I happily complied to. She leaned her head against my chest, as the horse took us into the mountains, into an unknown adventure we would share together.