37. Runaways

Request: Y/N is a runaway that has powers like Elsa, and was resented by her family for it, and when Olaf gets lost in the woods he ran into Y/N, and she was sweet and helped him get back to his family. 

It's been five days since I've been walking down this mountain. Five days since I had a proper meal, since my parents kicked me out because of my fire powers. I've been following the river, hoping it would lead me to civilization where I could get some food with the few coins I have. Maybe I could clean up and get a job, but that's hopeful thinking. 

I also almost got eaten by wolves, and I had to throw the fish I had caught in order to throw them off of my trail. I guess it's not too bad, I ran out of matches and would've had to eat the fish raw. I was trudging through the snow, trying to find another river, when I heard the sounds of someone crying. 

"Hello?" I called out cautiously, my voice hoarse from not being used. The crying stopped for a moment, before the sounds of someone attempting to muffle their sounds started. I quietly followed the sounds until I came across a pile of snow. I'm going crazy, thinking snow's crying, I thought. Just as I was about to turn away, the snow moved slightly. I grinned to myself, probably a lost child who's hiding.

"It's okay," I said gently, "I won't hurt you." I brushed the snow aside and came face to face with a snowman. 

"Hi, I'm Olaf and I like warm hugs," he said miserably. My mouth dropped and I scrambled away from him. 

"Y-You talk!" I exclaimed, inching further and further away. 

"Yes. I'm part of Elsa's magic," he said, sniffing a little. Elsa. The Ice Queen of Arendelle?

"Is Arendelle close by?" I asked, trying to keep the urgency out of my voice. It's been so long since I'd had a proper meal, and even if I had a few coins a small bowl of soup and bread would go a long way. 

"I think it was only 5 more kilometres down. Sven and I were almost there when the food burned," Olaf said.

"Sven. Is he a talking snowman too?" I asked. My voice was starting to lose it's rasp.

"No. He's Kristoff's reindeer. I lost him on the other side of the ravine. He's gone now," Olaf wiped his carrot nose. I'm so hungry, I thought, starting at the nose. Focus. Kristoff, I think I remember someone mentioning him in my kingdom. He was dating Princess Anna, QueenElsa's younger sister. 

"I'll help you get to Arendelle. You can ride on my shoulders or something and show me how to get there," I offered. 

Olaf shook his head, "I don't want to go back to Arendelle. I failed Anna and Elsa."

"I'm sure you didn't fail them," I said. 

"No I did. They didn't have any family traditions and I went from all of the houses in Arendelle to find traditions for them, but then they caught fire, and then they fell down a cliff, and then caught fire, and then a hawk took the fruit cake. I can't go back when I failed them," Olaf sobbed, hugging me. I patted the snowman's back awkwardly, not knowing what to do while was blowing his nose on my shirt. 

"Listen Olaf, I think what you were doing was really sweet, and that Queen Elsa and Princess Anna will think the same. I don't think they really care if you had any traditions, but I do know that they're probably worried about you. You seem like you've been sitting under the snow for a while," I said. 

"Okay, I'll go back. But can you come with me?" he pleaded. I nodded with a smile, and Olaf took my hand. 

"Lead the way, Olaf." As we were walking down the mountain, Olaf kept telling me how nervous he was to see Anna and Elsa empty handed. He kept blowing his nose on my shirt, and that carrot is looking less and less appealing to eat. I suddenly heard the faint voices of people calling the snowman's name. 

"Olaf, they're looking for you. I think the Queen sent out a search party," I said, pulling Olaf towards them, but he stayed put. 

"What is it?" I asked. 

"I don't want to face them!" he said, backing away. I held in a sigh, this is all I've been hearing from him for the last couple of hours. But the Queen and Princess are probably very worried about their talking snowman. 

"Olaf," I said gently, "They won't be upset at you. Look, they've organized a search party for you, do you hear the voices? They're looking for you, and worried because you've been away for hours now. Let's go see them, and if they happen to be mad, which I doubt they will be, I'll say it was my fault for distracting you, because I never met a sweet, talking snowman."

"Okay," Olaf said with a watery smile. I took his hand, or branch I guess, and walked over to where the voices were. 

"Olaf!" the Queen said in relief, and the Princess followed her and hugged Olaf tightly. As the snowman explained their situation to the worried royals, I began to walk away, not wanting to interrupt their heartfelt conversation about Olaf being their tradition. 

"Wait!" I heard a voice call. I turned around, and saw Queen Elsa walking towards me. 

"Your majesty," I bowed, and almost fell over if it weren't for two arms steadily holding me up. 

"It's okay, you don't have to bow. Thank you for bringing Olaf back to us, we were really worried about him." She frowned, "You look terrible. When was the last time you ate something?"

"Not too long ago. I just had some fish..." The Queen's disbelieving eyes bored into me, "-that I threw to the wolves so they wouldn't eat me. So around a week." My shoulders slumped. 

"Oh, well we must get some food inside of you. Come back to Arendelle with us and I'l have the chef prepare something you'll love to eat," she said, but I pulled away from her grasp. 

"Really, your majesty, it's okay. I'll stay at a local inn. I've got some money to buy food and I'll find employment somewhere," I said. 

The Queen raised an eyebrow, "How much money do you have?" I hesitated, before showing her seven coins I brought from home, my cheeks heating up as a worried expression placed itself on the Queen's beautiful face.

"It doesn't matter," I said gruffly, shoving the coins back into my pocket, "I don't need anything."

"Please, it's the least we could do for you, considering that you brought back Olaf," the Princess said, coming up to us. I looked between the two sisters, sensing that they genuinely were worried about my health and that they wanted to help. Besides, it was a free meal, and I was getting extremely hungry...

"Okay," I said finally, not looking at anyone. 

"Good!" Anna said motioning for me to follow her back to the castle. She started to talk about the castle's wonderful selection of food, but I wasn't really paying attention. The Queen seemed much more reserved than her sister, and her footsteps in the snow were softer, and more elegant. When I finally looked up, the first person that I saw was the Queen's beautiful blue eyes, staring right into my own. Arendelle is going to be very interesting, I thought.

A/N: There wasn't much...physical interaction with Elsa, so if you wanted a part 2 I'll write it for Sunday.