Chapter 2

Darkkit spent the next moon in the nursery, barely eating and rarely drinking. His heart had been shattered, the one cat he was close to was gone. Nobody dared to talk to him, he spent most of the nights crying himself to sleep, and during the day he would avoid anyone and hiss at them if they came too close.

The fire in his soul had been fanned, and now mostly he could only feel pain, and anger, Scarpaw had once visited Darkkit three weeks ago, and Darkkit had almost bitten his ear off. Scarpaw hadn't tried to even talk to him ever since. Though that hadn't helped Darkkit, so now along with losing his sister he had also lost his best friend, the only cat that he could relate to with the pain when his mother turned away from him after receiving his scar.

Dogchaser and Spotpelt's kits were only a few days away from being born, and Dogchaser would visit at least four times a day, and got threatened by Darkkit at least once every day. Darkkit now slept in the corner of the nursery, away from everyone, including Cloudbreeze.

Darkkit was over five moons old, in less than a moon he would become an apprentice. Even with that news it didn't excite Darkkit, he wanted to grow up and one day lead the clan alongside Mistkit, now his dreams and future have been destroyed.

________________________________________________________________________________

The next few hellish boring days passed and Spotpelt's kits were now being born, Darkkit had been forced outside against his will. Darkkit blinked trying to get used to this sunlight after being in the nursery for a moon, he ran straight into Dogchaser who was staring into the nursery with eager eyes.

Darkkit sat alone in the corner of camp until Scarpaw came and sat next to him, "Not so much of a quiet night, am I right." Darkkit slowly nodded. This was his chance to apologizing for snapping at him a moon ago and getting his best friend back, but Foxstripe pushed his way out of the den and called, "Dogchaser come meet you kits." Scarpaw got to his paws and approached the nursery following the eager father into the nursery calling behind him to Darkkit, "Lets see the new kits."

Darkkit's tail drooped, he had lost his chance, so he followed Scarpaw into the nursery. There was three kits, The first one was a tiny she-kit who looked like her father, she was a dark tabby. The other kits were both toms, the first one looked like Spotpelt, a brown tom-kit with different shades of brown splotches. The last kit was the smallest of the trio and looked like a mix of his parents, a brown tabby tom-kit with a light brown underbelly and dark brown paws.

The youngest kit scrambled out of the nest, Darkkit was surprised about the powerful wave of affection that washed over him when the small kit mewed when he bumped into Darkkit. Darkkit bent down and licked the small kit's head where his head fluff stuck up like a bramble, he picked up the tiny kit surprised about how little he weighed and placed him back in the nest next to his siblings next to Spotpelt's belly, where they began to suckle.

Darkkit already knew these cats would grow up to be close friends, he left the kits to stay with their parents and exited the nursery. Maybe these kits are what I needed, Mistkit would want me to grow up to become a great warrior, and these new kits can stand alongside him. Darkkit padded with Scarpaw into the clearing feeling better than he ever had since Mistkit's death. 

He greeted Cloudbreeze who looked surprised that he hadn't snapped at her, Nightshade was dozing in the elders den, Dawnstar was talking with Foxstripe while Hollowpaw, Foxstripe's apprentice took a herb to the nursery. Shimmerwave, Shadowrunner, her apprentice, Whitepaw, and Hawkcry went out for a patrol followed by a different patrol made up of Wildtuft, Rockpaw, Pebblebounce, Thornflower and his apprentice Eaglepaw. Raventalon, Talonclaw, and Blacktail also had just came back from a patrol.

Everyone in Shadowclan, his family at peace. Maybe life won't be as bad as I thought. That was Darkkit's final thought before everything would go farther downhill right after everything fell into place.

Sorry that this chapter was shorter but I didn't know what else to put, I only have really thought about his horrible future.