Chapter 3

Disclaimer: I don't own Warriors, Erin Hunter does, also all the art is not mine either. Now on with the story. Though some of these cats are own by Erin Hunter (Dark Forest cats)

________________________________________________________________________________

Darkkit threw the moss ball across camp and watched Spotpelt's kits scamper after it. They were already troublemakers, even if Darkkit led most of these sneaky stunts and tricks they committed, Leafkit, Treekit, and Bramblekit were almost a moon old now.

Leafkit is the brown tabby she-kit and was by far the fastest of the three and was also the oldest, Treekit was the brown splotched tom-kit and was the second oldest and was the strongest. Bramblekit (named for his spikey head fur) was the youngest brown tabby tom-kit with a light brown underbelly with dark brown paws. Leafkit had green eyes, Treekit had the same like their mother, while Bramblekit had yellow eyes like his father.

Leafkit reached the moss-ball first but was rushed by Treekit who wrestled her to ground trying to get the moss-ball away from her. Bramblekit watched, calculating their moves and crouched after a few seconds, and less than two seconds after he did that the moss-ball flew into the air. Bramblekit jumped up and caught it, and started running toward Darkkit with his head held high.

"I got it, I won!" Bramblekit squeaked after dropping the moss-ball at Darkkit's paws. Darkkit smiled mischievously and said, "That's right, so you get to do the honors of putting this thistle in Nightshade's nest." He pushed a thistle to Bramblekit who laughed and grabbed it and started toward the elders den.

Treekit and Leafkit glared after him, their green eyes flashing with jealousy, "Why does he get to do it again." Treekit complained. Darkkit glared at them he had been teaching them to fight against each other but the two older kits still haven't learned that in a fight cleverness beats strength no matter how many times he showed that he could beat some bigger cats (Scarpaw) with cleverness rather than strength.

"Learn how to get past his cleverness and you may get to do it." Darkkit snapped, Leafkit shrank back while Treekit flinched they both knew better than to make Darkkit mad. Bramblekit scampered back with his tail high, "Ok, now you will have to fight me." Darkkit ordered the three kits. Treekit bounced with excitement, Leafkit lashed her tail, and Bramblekit looked at Darkkit with analyzing eyes.

Treekit leaped right at him sinking his small claws into Darkkit's shoulder, Leafkit ran around behind him and jumped on Darkkit's back, Bramblekit followed Leafkit and bit Darkkit's tail.

After about ten minutes Darkkit was able to get them all off of him just in time for Scarpaw to come back from patrol with Dogchaser and his mentor behind him, all carrying prey. The kits ran to their father while Scarpaw quickly dropped his prey on the fresh-kill pile and bounded over to Darkkit.

"Last patrol of the day done. It looked like you had your paws full." He stated as the three kits scampered off towards their father, Darkkit's own voice had deepened and his normal voice had started to sound like a growl, "Their still kits, they don't understand the real aspect of fighting." Scarpaw started laughing, "Neither do you, you have never even seen battle!"

Darkkit glared back and thought, I might have not been in a battle but I have seen death. Mistkit came back to his mind and he shuddered.

Scarpaw glanced down at him before bounding away towards the apprentice den where Rockpaw was talking to Hollowpaw. Darkkit looked at the sunset, his sight skimmed the top of the trees, it was beautiful the way the sunset red and purple colors painted the sky and the ground.

Darkkit padded back to the nursery and curled up back into his nest, ever since Mistkit's death he would sleep alone in his own nest rather than with Cloudbreeze, she even moved back to the warriors den because of this. Darkkit closed his eyes and before long has fallen into a long dreamless sleep.

________________________________________________________________________________

Darkkit's eyes flickered open, no bright light of the sunrise blinded him instead he was laying on a rock in the middle of a marsh. There was nothing around, only huge, knarled, dark, spruce trees, the sky was tinted red, and when Darkkit lifted his head to smell for creatures there was nothing, not even the faint smell of herbs.

He heard a sound and almost jumped out of his fur, Darkkit turned around to see a faint figure of a cat, glowing eyes with red pupils, shining yellow iris, and black sclera. He had matted white fur, and a long scar running down his face and neck.

More cats started walking into the clearing, a dark brown tabby tom with amber eyes, a dark silver tabby tom with pale yellow eyes, a pale tabby she-cat with green eyes, a scarred pale yellow tom with torn ears and yellow eyes, a sleek very dark brown tom with amber eyes. All of it was lead by a gray-and-white tabby tom with spiky fur and amber eyes. (I follow the first person who can guess them all.)

Darkkit forced himself to stay calm even though all these cats were more than twice his size, a snarl came from the first cat that made shivers go down Darkkit's spine, "Hello, Darkkit." Darkkit stumbled back feeling himself shaking with terror, "How do you know my name?" He started laughing, his amber eyes burned into Darkkit making him try to shrink under his pelt. "We have been watching you ever since you were born, we knew you were different than all the others and we know the pain you went though."

"W-Who are you?" Darkkit studdered, "That is something you shall learn another day." The white scarred one hissed before back into the forest followed back the pale tabby, dark brown tabby, the dark silver tabby, the scarred pale yellow tom, and the sleak dark brown tom.

Only the gray-and-white tabby was left behind, he stared at Darkkit with his dark amber eyes, "My name is Thistleclaw." He said, his deep voice making him sound like he growled, "I have brought you here because we wish for you to join us in the Dark Forest."

Thistleclaw reached for him with his claw extended out and put his paw on Darkkit's head, before drawing it back quickly, Darkkit felt a quick sharp pain in his ear and winced. There was a few drops of blood on Thistleclaw's claw and he put his paw back on the ground watching the blood sink into the cold ground.

"What would I get out of this?" Darkkit snapped, trying to stand up and look bigger than normal though he was still terrifyed to the point he could faint.

"Here you can get revenge on anyone who wronged you, that includes revenge for the ones who died." Thistleclaw said while flexing his sharp claws a powerful shoulders, "I believe that is of an intrest of yours."

Mistkit's death came back into his mind, Darkkit attacking his father because of leaving Mistkit to the eagle and Darkkit felt his hatred for his father rise until his blood was boiling with anger.

He looked up at Thistleclaw and smiled, "When do we start."

Hey guys, I am so sorry for the wait, I have lots of homework and my parents won't get off my back. (most of the time they don't know I'm doing this, my mom doesn't even know I have this)