Le Chapter 4

I don't have time for disclaimers right now I'll do them later just read the story

That is a picture of the five main villains in the series Omen of the Stars

Okay one disclaimer: The art is not mine

________________________________________________________________________________

"Darkkit, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and protect the clan even at the cost of your life?" Dawnstar asked. Darkkit looked up at Dawnstar and said, "I do." "Then from now until you receive your warrior name you shall been known as Darkpaw, your mentor will be Midnight."

Dawnstar rested his chin on Darkpaw's head and Darkpaw's torn ear twitched, and Darkpaw licked Dawnstar's shoulder respectfully before bounding over to Midnight and Raventalon who were next to Scarpaw and Talonclaw.

"Whitepaw, step forward." Dawnstar scanned the crowd. The older apprentice padded down in front of Dawnstar, "I Dawnstar, leader of Shadowclan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this apprentice. They have trained hard to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend them to you as a warrior in their turn. Whitepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to protect and defend your Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

Whitepaw looked up at Dawnstar her eyes shining, "I do." Dawnstar nodded and continued, "Then by the powers of Starclan, I give you your warrior name. Whitepaw, from this moment you will be known as Whitepatch. StarClan honors your determination and loyalty, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Shadowclan."

"Whitepatch, Darkpaw, Whitepatch, Darkpaw!" Darkpaw listened to the clan chant his new name, Darkpaw was attacked by Scarpaw who yelled his new name into the night.

Darkpaw had to admit, he never felt happier, then Mistkit came back into his mind and how she would never get to become an apprentice and feel this pride and hatred filled his heart once more.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Don't let him hit you, I thought you were an apprentice." Thistleclaw snarled as Darkpaw jumped away from the sleek dark brown tom he met before that was currently trying to maim him. Darkpaw had learned his name, Houndleap, apparently he had to fight against them to learn their name.

Houndleap was swift and a strategist, mostly like Bramblekit but much bigger, stronger, faster, and smarter. It was quite obvious that Houndleap used to be in Windclan, his slender shape and his great speed made it quite visible.

Darkpaw shot to the side and knocked Houndleap over, he jumped away and as Houndleap scrambled to his feet Darkpaw slashed at the former Windclan tom's muzzle, slicing it open before he had time to react.

Darkpaw had been an apprentice for a moon now, and a Dark Forest apprentice to Thistleclaw for almost two moons now. So far he had learned the names of Houndleap, Snowtuft, Sparrowfeather, and Maggottail.

Houndleap swung his paw at Darkpaw again, this time Darkpaw grabbed his leg in his jaws and holding onto him swung him around and slammed him on the ground, and placed his paw on Houndleap's throat, "I won."

"Okay you did win, now get off." Houndleap snapped, his raspy voice getting weaker as Darkpaw leaned harder on his throat.

Darkpaw smiled evilly, his sharp teeth dripped blood, Thistleclaw was looking down at Darkpaw, a small evil grin painted on his face, Snowtuft and Maggottail looked pleased, while Sparrowfeather was looking eager to fight Darkpaw.

Maggottail lifted his head towards the sky where the blood red moon was shining and he rasped, "It's the full moon tomorrow night, your first gathering." Thistleclaw lashed his tail, "A useless waste of time, when you could be training."

Darkpaw smiled and sneered, "Why would I have to be here, I could be at the gathering learning the other clans weaknesses, I can already fight and win against Sparrowfeather and Houndleap."

Thistleclaw only growled, "Fine, you may go." He turned and left without another word, Snowtuft only snorted, "If he had anything else to do he would send you off to the gathering without thought."

Darkpaw shrugged and closed his eyes, when he opened them again he was in his nest again, in the apprentices den. Scarpaw was sleeping in his nest next to Rockpaw and Eaglepaw but closest of the three to Darkpaw.

He got up and headed towards the den entrance trying to make the least amount of noise as possible, he pricked his torn ear for anyone outside before starting to walk outside. "Darkpaw?" He froze as a voice sounded behind him.

Darkpaw turned around where Scarpaw was laying down in his nest, his head raised. "Where are you going, I don't think you had dawn patrol today, that was Eaglepaw."

Darkpaw rolled his eyes, "I just want to enjoy the fresh air." Scarpaw stood up and approached him, he froze in his tracks when his eyes landed on his torn ear. "You're hurt!"

"I'm fine! It's nothing!" Darkpaw snapped back, "Leave me alone." Scarpaw only stared back, his eyes looked hurt, "I don't need you to worry about me, I'm fine without you." Darkpaw snarled.

Scarpaw flinched at these words before retreating back to his nest, Darkpaw glared at him before stepping outside and looking in a rain puddle, staring back at him was him, a very dark grey tabby, with a torn ear, but the only thing that was different was his eyes, they were a dark amber like a blazing ember, but they were colder than ice.

Darkpaw looked away and padded away, a small evil smile creeping on his face as he padded away without looking back.

This was a fun chapter to write, for some reason I like good cats but I like describing evil cats, I'm not that good at describing good cats, but for evil cats the correct words just come to my mind, I don't know why, well see you later.